Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: [0.96a] Nijigen Extend v.0.3.2 || Standalone Pack || Update 02/28 [YREX]  (Read 77634 times)

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile

This results in you being unable to smelt / process resources, if z is higher than the amount of resources you have...
Strange, I'm pretty sure the code already handles setting the number of refines to the maximum number you have based on available resources. Can you tell which forge mod this issue is happening in? So I could take a look whenever I hop back into modding again.

Hiroyan495

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

This happens with all of the resource conversion hullmods:

- Antimatter Centrifuge
- Shipborne Smelter
- Manufacturing Bay

I don't know about anything regarding Volturnian Aquarium, since I didn't test anything with that.

When I set the amount of operations per day to 4 and the resources used per cycle to 1, it still demands 4 volatiles from me instead of using as many as possible up to 4 (f.e. 3 if I only have 3 volatiles).
Same thing for having unrefined ore or metal + transplutonics (both, each 1) respectively, even if the settings are changed accordingly, to make it so you only need 1 for each operation cycle with 4 total operations per day. Of course I had sufficient heavy machinery in my inventory (250), so this can't have been an issue.

(Tested with a Mercury-class)

Spoiler
    "yrex_forge_volatiles_to_fuel_cost": 1,
    "yrex_forge_heavy_machinery_to_fuel_cost": 1,
    "yrex_forge_volatiles_to_fuel_produced": 2,
    "yrex_forge_max_fuel_refines_per_day": 4,
    "yrex_forge_fuel_cr_cost_per_day": 0.01,

"yrex_forge_ore_to_metal_cost": 1,
    "yrex_forge_ore_to_transplutonic_cost": 1,
    "yrex_forge_ore_to_metal_produced": 2,
    "yrex_forge_ore_to_transplutonic_produced": 2,
    "yrex_forge_heavy_machinery_to_refine_cost": 1,
    "yrex_forge_max_ore_refines_per_day": 4,
    "yrex_forge_refine_cr_cost_per_day": 0.01,

"yrex_forge_metal_to_supplies_cost": 1,
    "yrex_forge_transplutonic_to_supplies_cost": 1,
    "yrex_forge_heavy_machinery_to_supplies_cost": 1,
    "yrex_forge_supplies_produced": 2,
    "yrex_forge_max_supply_produce_per_day": 4,
    "yrex_forge_supplies_cr_cost_per_day": 0.01,
[close]
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 08:02:38 PM by Hiroyan495 »

yourleader

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Btw, there is a bug relating to loading a save in mid game, YREX stop running and forge ship wont produce stuffs anymore. YREX kick in only when you go to refit screen and leave after that.

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile

This happens with all of the resource conversion hullmods...
Thanks for the info!

Btw, there is a bug relating to loading a save in mid game, YREX stop running and forge ship wont produce stuffs anymore. YREX kick in only when you go to refit screen and leave after that.
This is something I've never noticed before! It might explain some of the strange errors coming in before about forge mods not working. Thanks for the report!

yourleader

• Ensign
    • View Profile

For a suggestion, instead of -75% cargo hold and deplete combat readiness of the ship, there should be a better, dynamic way for this to work.

Because of the hard set nature of the mod, forge ship mod only apply to very cheap ship (because restoring CR needs supply) and fuel ship with no cargo (because exploit)
The point cost for forge ship is not cheap either. It consume 65 points for forge ship to work, and you can only add one function to the forge ship. This is quite weird when you have a Superdreadnough, with 10k cargo space, but only produce 48 supplies per day in exchange for 7.5k cargo hold, and consume mad amount of supplies because combat readiness reduction.

This is my suggestion (if possible)
- let the ship be able to have one more factory slot in exchange for ordinance point (like the hullmod (extended factory, which cost 25 more OP, in exchange for another slot)
- reduce OP cost for hullmod for a bit. 65 points for capital ship is quite alot! Especially when you directly reduce 75% of the cargo hold regardless of the cargo space (more cargo space and costly CR should produce more stuffs)
- add a dynamic way for the ship to produce stuffs. Add an active skill to player's skillbar called "item forging". This skill will check the player's fleet to see what ship have the factory hullmod, get cargo space number (75% minus cargo) and CR cost from it, and calculate the amount to give the item number the ship can produce. For extra factory slot, half the above amount to give it to another factory production slot) this will stop fuel ship exploit, cargo eating, CR point burning and dynamic forging when player can choose when to forge supplies.
-when forging, increase detection range by 100%
-we can produce food from organics. And supplies should take a small amount of food to produce
- the should be a hull mod to swap between 75% cargo, and 75% fuel tank
-lobster breeding should be a hard side quest, because breeding lobster on a ship is totally economy destructive. The lobster should require very special technology from tri-tachyon, and breeding require complex work (because you literally breed a deep sea lobster, in a spaceship!)

This suggestion, is of course time consuming, takes good focus to create, and is hard to make. I understand.
But of course this feature, is the one every starsector player ask and want.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 07:00:10 AM by yourleader »

Hiroyan495

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

You're welcome! 8)

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I will admit, it was a big letdown when I got the big module ship this adds and *couldn't* put forge modules on the modules.

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile

For a suggestion, instead of -75% cargo hold and deplete combat readiness of the ship, there should be a better, dynamic way for this to work...
Thank you for the suggestions! You've got me interested in a few points and I might put those in for a future update!

Regarding supply production, I think will keep transplutonic + metals as a nod to the true vanilla recipe for supplies. After all, in-game, supplies seem to refer more to spare parts and munitions rather than actual crew provisions (evidenced by the fact that when supplies run out, it's ship health, directly, that gets affected, not CR or anything else). But I have been considering a use for organics, which I think is the only resource that currently does not engage with the forge mods, and I think I have an idea, but no ETA on that yet.

yourleader

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I will admit, it was a big letdown when I got the big module ship this adds and *couldn't* put forge modules on the modules.
Ikr? Me too, me too...
I have a whole planet eater spore ship, big enough for 20k people to live in, yet struggle to create supplies, and a bunch of ship modules being useless.
If only the mod support forge ship hullmod on modules, that would be cool.
Tried hard implementing forge hullmod on module, didnt work. The current state of the mod doesnt support module calculation, and the script wont check ship's module too.

The dream of having a "mobile colony" is so close, yet so far away lol.

Btw, the miner ship the mod implement should not have "forge ship" hullmod included as D-mod. The ship have spacious cargo, yet forge ship kill 75% of its cargo and burn supplies it produce because the ship have quite high supply cost.

For module, because of its nature (storage and CR cost doesnt exist). Should use current production calculation fomula, which still check the size of the module, but use the main ship's CR percentage lower point, but wont reduce main ship CR (maximum 50%, minimum depend in main ship CR. For example, if main ship CR is 100%, the module CR for production is 50%. If the main ship CR is 20%, the CR for production is 20%. Module production wont reduce main ship CR) in exchange for considerable amount of production reduction.
(For my own test, module CR is hard locked at 50%, it wont increase or decrease no matter what you do, even space refit. Pros: modules wont burn CR from you. cons: its locked at 50%, which greatly reduce your item forging output, are usually small, and low OP point)

Yes. Another feature, more things to work with, more calculation, more demand.

The author probably have his hand full for now, so lets not demand it too much.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 08:11:42 PM by yourleader »

Hiroyan495

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

"Conversely, a complete lack of supplies within the fleet will cause CR to drain instead."

Source: https://starsector.fandom.com/wiki/Supplies

I believe the idea with organics being part of the recipe makes sense, as CR does drain if you don't have supplies. It also says:

"Assorted supplies required by ships and crew, ranging from rations and uniforms to munitions, spare parts, microfab feedstock, and prefab components."

in the description of the supplies.

Alternatively, one could produce food with organics and THEN produce said supplies with the "packaged-for-export" food rations + metals.

Those are a lot of "coulds" and "woulds". I don't plan on telling you how to make your mod, as always. :P
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 09:06:41 PM by Hiroyan495 »

yourleader

• Ensign
    • View Profile

The hard part for this is probably the right formula.
I'm not sure about current mod's formula for production, so this is my personal calculation/recommendation, i hope it helps.

**This is my personal formula for supply making only
productionAmount = {[(SuppliesPerMonth / 3)  + (ShipCargoSpace * 75%)] * CRPercentage} / 12

- SuppliesPerMonth take base value, not including efficiency overhaul deduction.
- Cargo space take real value, including expanded cargo hold
- This formula wont apply for modules. Probably the current formula fits well for them.

Metal / rareMetal ratio = 6/1
**with food: 6/1/1 (6 metals, 1 rare metal, 1 food)
Atlas:
SupplyCostPerMonth: 10
Cargo: 2000
CR: 85%
-> production amount per day: 106 Supplies (actually 106.486)
Consume: 106 Metal Plate, 18 rare metal per day
(LEGIT SHIP AS FACTORY SHIP)

Colossus:
SupplyCostPerMonth: 6
Cargo: 900
-> production amount per day: 48 Supplies (actually 47.9541)
Consume: 48 Metal Plate, 8 rare metal per day
(LEGIT SHIP AS FACTORY SHIP)

Paragon:
SupplyCostPerMonth: 60
Cargo: 300
-> production amount per day: 17 Supplies (actually 17.35)
consume 17 metal plate, 3 rare metal per day
(WHY YOU WANT TO DO THIS THO???)

Instead of buff, forge ship addon should put debuff on ship. Due to all factory works, slag and trash the ship produce, it will give this according to each:
(To be honest, even now, nobody want to put forge ship hullmod on battleship anyway)
-Manufacturing bay: decrease peak performance by 20% due to production stress.
-Shipborne Smelter: decrease top speed by 20% due to metal weight and heat.
-Antimatter Centrifuge: decrease hull intergrity by 20% due to anti-matter pressure to the ship.
-Volturnian Aquarium: decrease repair rate by 20% due to complex life support for the lobster.
** -Mobile greenhouse: decrease armor by 20% due to greenhouse system support. (for future update)

Forge ship hullmod cost: 10   15   20   25 (-75% cargo space)
Specific factory hullmod cost: 5   10   15   20 (add debuff)
Fuel space switch: 0 (Switch cargo space to fuel space, now -75% fuel space)
Extra factory slot: 10   15   20   25 (Give one extra factory slot, half production efficiency of output for both, wont change CR cost)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 11:21:48 PM by yourleader »

yourleader

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I hope one day the player can control when to run forge ship, and so we have something like this...

hahh.... what a mad dream...
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 10:56:03 PM by yourleader »

CrixM

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nijigen Extend v.0.3.0 || Expansion Pack || Update 06/12 [YREX]
« Reply #87 on: August 03, 2020, 02:38:47 AM »

The A&C shop doesn't seem to be stocking any of the appropriate items. Is them showing up random?

Kakroom

• Commander
    • View Profile

I like this mod very much.  I put some D batteries on my Paragon and now his plasma cannons are able to go brrrrrrr. And metals finally have a use! It's fun to pick up some freighters and spec them specifically for forge detail.

I look forward to having Cosa Nostra sponsor my pirate empire.

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile

Could you please add a setting option to remove that asteroid miner ship? I personally don't like it and don't want to use it or see it among pirate ships.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8