Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: [0.96a] Nijigen Extend v.0.3.2 || Standalone Pack || Update 02/28 [YREX]  (Read 77623 times)

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nijigen Extend v.0.2.0 || Expansion Pack || Update 02/12 [YREX]
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2020, 09:22:45 PM »

Is A&C Co-op supposed to be considered a black market?
Is A&C Co-op supposed to be considered a black market?

Same with the market at the koluon space station are considered black markets.
Hmm, I didn't actually take note of that option. In what way is it acting like a black market? Iirc, I only set it so you can't sell there, because the goods sold there were tariff-free.

fu12

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2020, 01:10:24 AM »

the Co-Op triggers "YOU'RE A SMUGGLER!" scans. As in it raises suspicion level, just as if you'd bought and sold stuff on the black market.

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2020, 05:24:49 AM »

the Co-Op triggers "YOU'RE A SMUGGLER!" scans. As in it raises suspicion level, just as if you'd bought and sold stuff on the black market.
I see, thanks for the report! I'll look into it.

ASSIMKO

• Commander
    • View Profile

where did the Arian Empire go ???

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile

where did the Arian Empire go ???
It now has a new, permanent home here:

<edit: link removed -Alex>
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 08:30:20 AM by Alex »

Mikhail Mengsk

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hi. If I wanted the Forgeship Hullmod to allow more than one Forge Hullmods (like, having both Antimatter Centrifuge and Manifacturing Bay on the same ship), what should I modify?

baracki04

• Ensign
  • Discord: Shinji Ikari
    • View Profile

Great mod, Creature! Couples really well with my nomadic playstyle.

I've got a suggestion for the forge ship hull mods. When there isn't enough raw goods to process, can you make it so it doesn't drain cr? It doesn't make sense to drain cr when nothing is being produced.

PainProjection

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Just discovered that mod, sounds really cool and probably will create whole new nomad-like strat, now i am wondering how forging would work on ships with multiple modules?

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile

Just discovered that mod, sounds really cool and probably will create whole new nomad-like strat, now i am wondering how forging would work on ships with multiple modules?
Uhh, I didn't take that into account, so right now modular ships are pretty OP if you use it with the ship forge mod. I do plan on removing that option in the future, however, in case you want to make a fleet that you'll play long-term.

PainProjection

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Uhh, I didn't take that into account, so right now modular ships are pretty OP if you use it with the ship forge mod. I do plan on removing that option in the future, however, in case you want to make a fleet that you'll play long-term.

Well i have quite opposite feelings/expectations about this. Previously i played mining-fleet sessions, but it get's kinda booring, you don't even need to search for good gas giant outside core worlds because factions don't mind if you gonna mine resources in their home star systems. So you have no risks, just cource between few core systems, harvest volatiles, sell it for easy money. Thats mining at it's finest.

However, with your mod i see the opportunity to create fully selfsufficient fleet and mining gonna play important role here. I would call my faction Nomads for obvious reasons and probably gonna have only one colony somewhere on the edge of the map, just to make my faction "legit". Instead of creating outposts i would just remember planets with rich resource deposits, travel between them, sometimes make "pit-stops" beside gas giant to fill up fuel tanks. That's sounds amazing!

I really want to transform something like Cathedral from S/W pack in to real mobile station. It has 7 modules, so i probably can fit 3 supply forges and 3 smelteries while center piece would have antimatter cetrifuge, mostly for fuel economy buff. I assume it would work like efficiency overhaul - only hullmods from "core" module would affect "logistic" stats of your ship. Like max burn, cargo, fuel per light year etc.

But i am not sure about default rates, i still don't know yet how this works, i see limits of created commodities per day in settings.json and they doesn't look promising, so maybe i would have to tweak them to make this idea work, which mean what you no need to worry, you mod is not overpowered at all, it's just add more depth to mining. And don't fogret what ships with such expensive hullmods + mounts filled with mining equipment are totally non-combatants. So they have to maintain not only themselves, but also the guarding fleet.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 01:45:03 AM by PainProjection »

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile

Well i have....
I certainly did have that sort of gameplay in mind! By the way, the numbers in settings.json are further multiplied by the ship size you're mounting the forge on, so they actually scale pretty well. I think I mentioned it before, but I ran the numbers though a short nomadic game myself to be just around the spot where you make a small profit from selling refined materials you mined, so I can at least guarantee that you won't be aching for goods so long as you mine here and there while travelling. That's why I mentioned modular ships would become OP. Because if you have, for example, the Cathedral - that's around 5(?) or so capital ships you don't need in your fleet that don't cost extra fuel and supplies, but pump out their full production capacity.

Well, it's my mistake anyway, so you're more than welcome to use it to the fullest. Give it a go and if find that you like it that way, then perhaps I can add a setting later on that will retain this option.

PainProjection

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Faced weird bug, i added this mod and search for id of new hullmods to add them in to memory of my character (i very often redact my save file, for example - every time i start new game i add all hullmods just because i don't like early game stage when you not able to fit your ships properly) then they appear in refit menu, as usual. But for some reason ships with any type of "forges" doesn't generate resources, however these hullmods actually affect stats of ships like cargo space and fuel usage. Ofc i had required resources in my inventory. I thought that happens because i applied new mods in to existing save, but starting a new game won't help.

On a side note, i tried to get this hullmods in legit way, but i don't have console commands installed, so i must afk beside argeus, skipping time and praying for RNG gods to put them in market on next month. Got bored pretty quickly, so i'm not sure is that my "way" of learning hullmods caused this problem or not. Is it possible to make these new stuff appear 100% times on market?

baracki04

• Ensign
  • Discord: Shinji Ikari
    • View Profile

Yeah, I think it would be better to have a blueprint pack with most if not all the mod's new hullmods, weapons, etc. for sale at the Agreus submarket. I was excited to use the forgeship features, but was saddened when I realized I had to buy every single hull mod by themselves with no guarantee of when they'll show up at Agreus. I downloaded to the consolecommand mod just so I can unlock them manually.

Discgear

• Ensign
    • View Profile

What happened to the Arian Empire link? It says it doesn't exist.

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile

Yeah, I think it would be better to have a blueprint pack with most if not all the mod's new hullmods, weapons, etc. for sale at the Agreus submarket. I was excited to use the forgeship features, but was saddened when I realized I had to buy every single hull mod by themselves with no guarantee of when they'll show up at Agreus. I downloaded to the consolecommand mod just so I can unlock them manually.
I'll consider adding the hullmods to the common tag!

What happened to the Arian Empire link? It says it doesn't exist.
I set it under an adult filter!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8