Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.9.1a is out! (05/10/19); Updated the Forum Rules and Guidelines (02/29/20); Blog post: GIF Roundup (04/11/20)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Captain Trek's Guide to the Modiverse - Updated 28/05/20  (Read 20935 times)

Captain Trek

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Captain Trek's Guide to the Modiverse - Updated 28/05/20
« Reply #75 on: May 29, 2020, 01:04:07 AM »

As you probably already feel, gate construction are not have-from-a-beginning thing. You have to earn it. There are quest to complete. It is starts, IIRC after level 40 if you travel far enough from a core.

I see. Do they mechanically otherwise function as they did before boggled merged his mods?

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2020, 07:52:45 AM »

There are some difference, but generally the same.

If you want to experience gate building without any quests, just make some settings:

Code
"boggledAstralGateQuestEnabled":false,

Note, that astral gates can exist in two states:

1. "boggledGateStationEnabled":true,

All jumps are free, but significant upkeep. Creates a station for each gate. Work as any other station.

2. "boggledGateStationEnabled":false,

Means no upkeep or station, but cost money and fuel to jump. Amounts are adjustable. Rule works even with boggledGateStationEnabled":true, if gatekeeper station is abandoned/decivilized or "gate" industry is disrupted/can not be financed.

P.S. There are other interesting settings.
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

Circumsoldier

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2020, 11:10:11 AM »

nice, thanks for covering the Xhan. More content to come for sure! Right now ive been doing a Xhan play-through of my own with most major faction mods enabled. In effectively the worst possible case scenario the Xhan system has been invaded by Diable, DME, SCY, Shadowyards, and II almost all at once. So far only losing only Orbital 3. Xhan planets are quite hardy but it seems that huge invading fleets can stretch the system patrols very thin. It is definitely one of the more extreme challenge playthroughs you can do.

Terethall

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 10, 2020, 01:04:27 PM »

I love this post and am looking forward to coverage of the rest of the mods. In the meantime, I noticed a tiny typo -- Sundog is credited as "Sundong" twice in reference to the New Beginnings mod on the first page. I like his mods and I smiled at the typo, but probably it should be fixed unless he wanted to be credited that way.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]