Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Any mod that allows you send fleets after pirates?  (Read 1286 times)

DDwarrirofire

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Any mod that allows you send fleets after pirates?
« on: January 26, 2020, 05:51:08 PM »

I'm getting where I think I'm pretty comfortable with the game in my first play through but....I don't like colonies or more specifically spread out colonies.  Reason being is every single one not in the same system is another incompetent base of fleets that can't fight pirates.

I solved it partially by finding a solid system with 8 planets, each with resources.  Together it's all a completely self sustaining fortress of battle stations and fleets.

I like the idea of having multiple colonies just not if it's going to be only myself running around holding their hands.  Places that I could turn into actual way stations.  Being a threat is great!  Just not this "hey boss can you come take care of these annoying pirates.....no we aren't able to send any of our heavy fleets to take care of it"
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 05:53:20 PM by DDwarrirofire »

BringerofBabies

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Any mod that allows you send fleets after pirates?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 06:10:09 PM »

Nexerelin lets you do so, in addition to making the other factions eventually send their fleets after pirates as well.

DDwarrirofire

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 10:32:13 PM »

Nexerelin lets you do so, in addition to making the other factions eventually send their fleets after pirates as well.

I've been hearing a lot of good things about nex so I'll definitely include it in my next playthrough.

And some scary things.

Sinewave

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2020, 10:14:47 PM »

I got the coordinates of a science station, only to found it's in a neutron star system.

It was my first time seeing the mechanic of that system, and i got a bit anxious about the two star super flare.

An HUGE pirate fleet suddently appear and started to chase me, i boost on the super flare coming in my direction and suddently U-Turn avoiding the pirate fleet.

They try going back but the flare was too fast, they disappeared inside it lol.
I boosted and hide behind a planet for just a second before the flare would eat me too

DDwarrirofire

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2020, 11:36:52 AM »

This almost happened to me,  lost about 1500 supply.  Thankfully I tend to take more then necessary.  I was hunting a base which was easy when found since it's patrol were blasted away.

Cyber Von Cyberus

• Commander
  • Warcrimes are very profitable...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2020, 05:33:11 AM »

Do note that with nex you still have to discover the location of the pirate base by asking at the colony's bar before being able to send a fleet (although I don't know if having agents in the colony allowas you to discover the location).

On a side note I'm really curious to see how a neutron star colony would do, would it improve the defence or not,  I know that the Kamikaze system exists in the HMI mod but the jump points are conveniently located outside of the pulsar's range.
Diktat Admiral:"What do we have here ? A dissident ? A pirate ? Or maybe a degenerate ?"

Me:"Yes, I'm all of those."