Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: more QoL thoughts  (Read 401 times)

goalie

• Ensign
    • View Profile
more QoL thoughts
« on: January 23, 2020, 11:07:43 AM »

First let me say, I'm loving this game, excellent job!

So right to my thoughts:

1.  Sorting on the Fleet screens, both current fleet and stored, sorting by name (see #2), type, etc.
2.  Saved fleets.  Currently I change the ship names to designate which of my fleets they belong in (BHing, exploring, defending, etc), which is why I'd like to sort (see #1).  But even better would be some UI that lets me save premade groups and I could return home, click to retrieve fleet X and fly off.   This could be done with editable lists, background coloring, etc.  This could just be an issue for me honestly since I pretty much save all the ships I find, so my storage is REALLY full, probably not optimal but they just dont sell for anything so why not.
3.  Reverse engineering - What if we could build a colony facility that lets us reverse engineer ship hulls.   To balance this there would be a few things.  First, you'd need to deposit X number of that hull to begin.  So you cant reverse it just from 1 sample, you need multiple to learn it.  Second, there is always some function that determines success such that you can always fail the effort and lose the hulls you deposited, thats the risk you take.  That risk/difficulty value is set per hull or hull type/size/etc and allows certain hulls to be set to 100% difficulty, and thus they cannot be reverse engineered (X1V hulls).  Third if the hulls you deposit also have D-mods, then the resulting blueprint COULD have built-in/permanent d-mods as well, based on some math in the background.
4.  I totally forgot what #4 was, I'll update this later :)

goalie

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: more QoL thoughts
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2020, 12:15:46 AM »

I remembered #4!

4.  It'd be great if custom ship builds were saved to some other file than the game save so they will be there for all your saves.   Every time I restart I have to rebuild all my favorite builds.