Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Tech-Mining Blueprints?  (Read 2815 times)

2-Zons

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Tech-Mining Blueprints?
« on: January 20, 2020, 08:32:57 PM »

I thought Tech-Mining installations were supposed to find blueprints.  I've had one running on one of my colonies for many months and there are no blueprints.  The planet has 'extensive ruins'.  I'm not sure how the hierarchy goes, if vast or extensive is the best but it's got to be at least second best.  Is there something you need to do to get the blueprints?

2-Zons

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Tech-Mining Blueprints?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 08:33:42 PM »

Oh yea, I've also got a beta-core AI installed on the tech miner.

Burvjradzite

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 12:06:55 AM »

If its one of your early colonies, I suggest to shut tech-mining down, until you have enough everything. Tech-mining is a luxury, super unstable and long-term investition. Two years I spent on a planet to find an alpha ai core, but it was worth it, cuz alpha core = free planet.

KCR

• Lieutenant
  • If it's not fun, why bother?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2020, 01:26:46 AM »

Some nice things like blueprints and rare items are dropping some time after you build tech-mining. After some months, the chances you find blueprint/rare item becomes so low, that is better to go and get those items by raiding, also freeing industry slot for something more valuable by deleting tech-mining. Still, if you have a lot of colonies and no problems with the income, maybe putting some of these will not be too problematic.

2-Zons

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2020, 04:56:26 AM »

So I'll take that as they do drop items / blueprints but it's very slow.  Income is good, I have 5 colonies so I'll keep it running and see.

Plantissue

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2020, 05:52:03 AM »

Someone already helpfully made a guide.

https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16816.0

Beta-core AI doesn't do anything other than reduce upkeep.

2-Zons

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2020, 06:27:44 AM »

Well I'm really getting screwed then.  I've been mining extensive ruins for over 14 months and have got nothing.  Unless it's going somewhere I haven't looked.  I assumed it would be put into storage on the colony.

Plantissue

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2020, 06:35:13 AM »

They go into storage at your colony. If you have more than one colony, you can check/change which one by going to the command (d) screen and custom production (5) tab and the production gathering point it the colony display on the top left. At the start of every month a notification should appear of what the tech mining has uncovered. You can click on it or if you have missed it, it should be somewhere on the tabs of intel (e) screen.

DDwarrirofire

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2020, 06:55:11 AM »

It might go without saying but I assume you've moused over the tech mining building to be its still mining right?   It'll tell you how much can still be expected.

"These ruins have been comprehensively combed over multiple times, there is little chance of a new find"
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 06:58:51 AM by DDwarrirofire »

2-Zons

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2020, 08:44:31 AM »

I see.  I was only looking in the stockpile of the colony that had the tech-mine.  I was wondering why I kept getting messages saying items delivered when I had no build orders. 

So I looked in the stockpile where items are sent and there are no blueprints or AI cores.  It is the colony where I store all my weapons and LPC's so unless the tech-mine makes weapons or LPC's I haven't got anything, and if all I get are weapons and LPC's seems to be a huge waste of an industrial slot.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2020, 09:24:33 AM »

The mine might be tapped out now, but on one that is still being productive you can look at the intel item that is generated on the 1st of each month to see what it produced. Tech mining is a complete gamble, but every now and again it can produce something big.

2-Zons

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2020, 09:43:14 AM »

I think I finally understand now.  I've seen the report.  last month I only go 1 Supplies from the tech-mine.  I was wondering why the supplies, metal, heavy eqpt., and fuel was coming from.  I thought it had to do with my ship production. 

So I guess the items the mine gets you is similar to what you get when you search ruins.

Thanks for all the pointers everyone.