Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Beacons  (Read 2887 times)

Tralalakk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Beacons
« on: January 20, 2020, 04:26:20 AM »

Hi is it posible that i got a seed without high beacons ? or do they spawn over time ? im at a point in the game where i want to start using AI cores so i wanted to farm some but for the love of god i cannot find any high beacon system, even tryed console comands mod to try find them nothing so far. could use some help on this one guys please, thank you

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Beacons
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 11:50:03 AM »

It shouldn't be possible, no - though I guess if you're using a small sector size, *maybe*? Just because that's not tested too much. And if you're using mods, it'd depend on the mods.

If you open up data/config/settings.json, and set devMode to true, then re-run the game, you can press ctrl-z to turn off sensors. If you're in hyperspace, you'll immediately get intel items for all undiscovered beacons. Make sure to turn devMode back off afterwards, though, it can cause some real problems if you're just playing normally.

Tralalakk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2020, 01:44:49 PM »

It shouldn't be possible, no - though I guess if you're using a small sector size, *maybe*? Just because that's not tested too much. And if you're using mods, it'd depend on the mods.

If you open up data/config/settings.json, and set devMode to true, then re-run the game, you can press ctrl-z to turn off sensors. If you're in hyperspace, you'll immediately get intel items for all undiscovered beacons. Make sure to turn devMode back off afterwards, though, it can cause some real problems if you're just playing normally.
thanks gonna try that, and no im not using small sector im in normal with grand sector mod, so my map is huge maybe i was just unlucky, gonna try it now and report back maybe some seeds dont have them, or since i have a mod that adds another faction that also is using beacons that may cause some issues

Tralalakk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2020, 02:01:10 PM »

so i did it turns out there is one but its kinda weird, see in intel screen it says its hard but when i actualy got there the beacon itself says Medium, maybe its because of the other mod  Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering, the Blade Breakers beacons do have couple red ones, could be that. Got another question do the remnants spread out over time or do they just sit in the system they spawn in ?

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2020, 02:55:04 PM »

DME has been tested a good bit and procedural Blade Breakers shouldn't crowd out Remnants, even on a small sector.

I can test it later and see if there are problems on a small sector, though.

Tralalakk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2020, 03:13:22 PM »

DME has been tested a good bit and procedural Blade Breakers shouldn't crowd out Remnants, even on a small sector.

I can test it later and see if there are problems on a small sector, though.

this is the status in my current game no idea if its your mod or not but you can clearly see that those Blade guys are more comon then remnants, also including the map im using

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2020, 03:19:57 PM »

That's odd, since I know 4 of those 9 beacons are from a single handmade constellation that always spawns. The remainder should be within the 5-7 constellations set by the script. So, working as coded although not optimally (I recommend turning procgen Blade Breakers off on a small sector until I can see about a separate setting).

You can use Adjusted Sector to manually set the number of Blade Breaker systems (3-5 should give better results on a small sector). I probably should make that independent functionality at some point.

Tralalakk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2020, 07:44:19 AM »

i noticed that the medium one i talked about started to spawn bigger fleets of remnants, first it was just the sub ordos and now its the Ordo, so do they get stronger over time ?

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2020, 12:19:30 PM »

I'm still new.
Is there any way to destroy a beacon?
I started a very nice colony and wiped out all the REDACTED there. The beacon is only Low Level, so why can't I torpedo it?

Tralalakk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2020, 12:36:53 PM »

I'm still new.
Is there any way to destroy a beacon?
I started a very nice colony and wiped out all the REDACTED there. The beacon is only Low Level, so why can't I torpedo it?
not that im aware of, but they are just for the player the AI completly ignores them if you have colony in the system, and if you did wipe the blue guys out you should be fine even in Hard beacon systems if you wipe out every thing including the bases they got they wont spawn again

Sidestrafe2462

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2020, 08:23:10 AM »

Pretend it's a nav buoy and that it's warning others of your fearsome colonies

Welcome to *name*! We are a *low* threat system and that's all you'll ever know us for!