Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Can't attack space station?  (Read 1619 times)

geminitiger

• Commander
    • View Profile
Can't attack space station?
« on: March 08, 2020, 10:03:14 AM »

I'm playing with Nex and Varya mods but I don't know if that is even related to this problem.
I've got a Ludic Church space station that I can't invade, as it has no orbital station (or upgraded version) to defeat.. yet is a space station.
I have the option to raid and bomb it, but not out right invade, it's annoying and I'm wondering if I just am doing something wrong.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 10:18:21 AM by geminitiger »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: Can't attack space station?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2020, 06:41:41 AM »

I'm guessing this is Blessed Reach from Vayra's Sector?
Nexerelin doesn't give the invasion option for markets with the "hidden" flag. In vanilla this is used for pirate and Pather bases, but this particular station also has it.

(Blessed Reach is poorly integrated with the game in other ways in general and should be removed)

geminitiger

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2020, 10:52:14 PM »

You got it. Blessed Reach it is. How am I supposed to conquer the sector if I can't take out all the stations?  ;D

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2020, 04:27:54 AM »

Just remembered that Nex also allows saturation bombing of hidden markets without a global rep penalty (only lose rep with the target faction), so you can do that if you're feeling sufficiently evil.

geminitiger

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2020, 09:39:19 PM »

Can saturation bombing wipe out the market completely? (currently I was forced into a peace treaty because of a 5 fleet armada being sent to my home system)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 09:45:08 PM by geminitiger »