Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mljonir Cannon requires better projectiles  (Read 1125 times)

Cyber Von Cyberus

• Commander
  • Warcrimes are very profitable...
    • View Profile
Mljonir Cannon requires better projectiles
« on: January 19, 2020, 03:36:36 AM »

So I think the Mljonir needs to have its projectiles be improved visually, right now they're tiny and nearly invisible especially when missiles, lasers and fighters start flying everywhere around you which is a big problem for 2 reasons :

1.The Mljonir is a pretty powerful weapon that packs a punch and disables your weapons, the current projectiles are nearly impossible to avoid unless you focus all of your attention on that specific weapon.

2. When using it, the player has very little feedback about whether he is hitting or missing (or by how much he is missing) making this weapon very hard to use unless you leave it on autofire (which isn't the best idea since it's very flux hungry).
Diktat Admiral:"What do we have here ? A dissident ? A pirate ? Or maybe a degenerate ?"

Me:"Yes, I'm all of those."

Lucky33

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Cyber Von Cyberus

• Commander
  • Warcrimes are very profitable...
    • View Profile
Re: Mljonir Cannon requires better projectiles
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2020, 03:51:42 AM »

Thanks, still I think that it should be changed in the future in the vanilla game.
Diktat Admiral:"What do we have here ? A dissident ? A pirate ? Or maybe a degenerate ?"

Me:"Yes, I'm all of those."

Lucky33

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2020, 04:03:06 AM »

My thoughts exactly.

Plantissue

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2020, 05:02:29 AM »

I agree with Cyber Von Cyberus. Mljonir projectiles should be more visually easy to spot.

bobucles

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2020, 05:31:39 AM »

The first few times I got shredded by a Mjolnir I wasn't even aware the gun was causing it. It's a powerful and dangerous weapon, it could stand to be a bit more visible.

DatonKallandor

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2020, 07:11:49 AM »

Agreed. Honestly I think most of the large mount weapons and many of the smaller mount high per-shot damage weapons could stand to get projectiles that pop more.

Daynen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2020, 03:18:25 PM »

This is a fair point.  I don't find Mjolnir shots THAT hard to track but then again I'm used to things like this.  Making the projectile a little more..."flashy" wouldn't be so bad, especially considering the name of the gun and just how big a threat it really is.  Don't want to make the visual just flat out bigger because then we risk a disconnect between visual and hitbox.  Maybe just a little bit of a tracer effect or weapon trail?  Something a bit sparky, perhaps?  Maybe the gun itself needs a bit more muzzle flash of some sort?