Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: a good frigate / small ship  (Read 9001 times)

Daynen

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: a good frigate / small ship
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2020, 11:58:43 PM »

I'll admit for a long time I seriously underestimated frigates.  The omen changed my mind.  It's the most tenacious little point-defense boat I've ever seen and if it gets behind shields that lightning can do some serious damage.  They may be small and fragile but if you want maximum weapon slots for your deployment points frigates can provide.  Load up a bunch of kites with atropos torps and extended racks, then bring one good shield-buster flagship and WATCH THE CARNAGE.

LordofFancy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2020, 04:46:06 PM »

Wolf is solid and easy to acquire. 

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2020, 05:03:34 AM »

Blackrock has a couple of nice frigates too. Mantis, Weevil, that other Weevil. Shadowyards has a couple of interesting options. Other than that, Centurion is quite good. I wouldn't use a Wolf past early game, it's just too fragile and the medium energy mount requires lots of flux unless you go beam. Tempest is the better Wolf. Afflictor is top dog. Slap 2xLAG and 2xDualAC on there, add armor and extra CR if you need it.

Plantissue

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2020, 05:53:51 AM »

Wolfs are useful till there are too much fighters. Piloted wolf can last for a very long time since as a human you know when to engage or not and what dangers to watch out for. I don't really see much use for Centurions personally. I don't see the use of Light Dual Autocannon on Afflictor, as Railguns are better and you have plenty of OP.

Omens are nice. They are anti missile, anti fighter, and fast. Can also disable engines and weapons. Fun ship to pilot with outsized influence on the battle.

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2020, 06:06:57 AM »

Railguns have a wind-up time which is a negative for phase ships. DualAC has same range as LAG so extra range is not needed. Unless you go 4x Railgun. Plenty of OP is also debatable. ~20 OP in caps and vents is mandatory for me, as well as 3 hullmods. I'll take the cheaper weapons and leave the energy slot empty.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 06:09:17 AM by Schwartz »

Plantissue

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2020, 07:00:48 AM »

It doesn't matter anyways since if you are piloting the Afflictor, antimatter blaster has greater results.

Even if you don't want to use antimatter blaster or missiles, railguns are better than LDAC since they are more flux efficient and do more shot damage.

You can only rephase after 2 seconds has passed anyways. Since you will be using railgun or LDAC as constant damage weapon anyways the wind up time barely matters. If its AI controlled, the Afllictor will spend most of its time dancing around uselessly whilst phased unless it finds an isolated ship, so it doesn't matter too much what you give it, but railguns are still better.

Afflictor has plenty of OP. Whatever those hullmods are you don't need all those vents.
Pages: 1 [2]