Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Is there anyway to stop pirate and luddic path activity?  (Read 2205 times)

esra01

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Is there anyway to stop pirate and luddic path activity?
« on: January 22, 2020, 05:07:29 AM »

Well as the title says

How the hell do you stop them? I made a mistake of expanding my colonies wide with having 7 colonies on 5 different system. Thought it won't matter much since the systems themselves are neighbours but it seems like each of the system would trigger a pirate activity on their own. The worst case scenario is when I came back from going AFK, I found all of my 5 sectors being raided by 5 different pirate bases and 2 luddic path Cells.

Yes they couldn't penetrate the defenses since each of them has a patrol HQ + upgraded ground defenses but the merchant fleets seems to lose a bit of their cargo in which costed me a lot of income. Plus I really don't want to play a whack and mole game with tiny pirate fleet that keep popping up every single month

KCR

• Lieutenant
  • If it's not fun, why bother?
    • View Profile
Re: Is there anyway to stop pirate and luddic path activity?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 07:23:32 AM »

In vanilla you can't get rid of them even by cleaning entire universe from mankind. Mods can manage this, tho.

LordofFancy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2020, 04:46:38 PM »

Become friendly with them, which is *** because it basically means no more bounties.  But it will stop the raids and lets you operate hassle free selling to pirates in heavy pirate activity systems.
So just grind out pirate quests as much as possible.

As for the Luddic Path I think they're 'mostly harmless' judging from what I have read from more experienced players.

geminitiger

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 08:55:43 PM »

As for the Luddic Path I think they're 'mostly harmless' judging from what I have read from more experienced players.
I think what they said is they are actually bugged out in the latest version. I think they are supposed to carbomb shuttle bomb your factories or something.

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2020, 09:05:16 PM »

Pirate bases instantly respawn when destroyed. Doing it only helps to remove raid if they (randomly) choose another target for newly spawned base. You can't really win against them.
Luddic path terrorists always fail as long as you have decent stability in current version.

Both instant pirate bases and always-fail terrorists are technically bugs, but won't get fixed till next release. So I recommend playing Nexelerin (where you CAN eliminate pirates and pathers)