Fractal Softworks Forum
October 21, 2014, 09:43:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Starsector 0.65a is out!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mod Index (Categorized)  (Read 124066 times)
Alex
Administrator
Admiral

View Profile
« on: June 10, 2011, 12:47:10 PM »

If you want your mod added to this list, PM a moderator. List of moderators

This post is intended as a list of all mods with downloads available. To install a mod, download it and unzip it into the "mods" directory. On Windows, it's in the installation directory. On Mac, it's right inside the application package - right-click on the application and select "Show Package Contents" to see it. On Linux, it's in the starsector directory. You can then select which mod(s) you want to run with in the launcher. Mods are listed in chronological order.

Vanilla-Balanced
These mods represent factions or additions which we feel are pretty close to balanced with the vanilla game. New ships will match up well against existing ships, with things not being too overpowered.

Non-Vanilla Balanced
These mods represent factions or additions which may not be particularly balanced with the vanilla game, or might just be trying to give a different balance altogether. Maybe overpowered, or something just a bit out there, but certainly no less entertaining.

Total Conversion
These mods have been specifically designed without any consideration at all for the vanilla Starsector universe, or at the least will be quite far removed from it.

Mission only

Mission only
Mission only

Campaign integrated

Campaign integrated

Campaign integrated

Compilations

Compilations

Utility
These mods add new features to the game and can be toggled on/off at will.

Miscellany / Dynamic
These mods add new features to the game but cannot be safely removed from an active game.

Let us know if we're missing any, OR if we got your intention wrong and you would prefer we shift your mod to a different section.

Important Note: Also, if you want your mod moved from the modding forum into this Mods specialized subforum, PM any of the admins. Note that you'll need a download available generally, and also tested your mod to the point where you have a reasonable expectation of it working on the latest version of the game.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 04:35:59 AM by Gothars » Logged
SeaBee
Global Moderator
Commander

My other vehicle is a TARDIS

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 02:16:57 AM »

would it be posible to get a list of which mods work together? i love them all but cant work out which ones are compatable with which  Wink
That's a great idea, I just don't know how we can do it yet. So many mods are being updated / improved so quickly that it's kind of a moving target. I'm sure you aren't alone in thinking that would be useful, because I'd like that, too! Once things settle a little (depending on how quickly we get another release), I'm sure we'll get something put together. Maybe a Google Docs spreadsheet, or something similar. Once the game stabilizes, we'll have a wiki and all of that can go there.

I have a feeling we'll end up seeing super-mods being constructed at some point that combine popular mods into prepackaged joy (Mount & Blade fans know what I'm talking about). I've already seen some clever merges showing up.

Aren't these mods fantastic, though? Every time I see a new one I'm impressed by the creativity and cool ideas -- and awesome artwork!

Dante80
Commander

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 10:07:00 PM »

Each mod comes in a zip or rar archive file. You have to extract the contained folder into your starfarer/mods/ folder, and then select the mod you need via the game launch menu.

two of the problems you might have:

1. you put the archived file directly into the mods folder.
2. you extract the contained mod folder into a new folder, thus making the game unable to see it.

Hope that helps, cheers...^^

Trylobot
Global Moderator
Admiral

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 08:54:20 AM »

This thread has been purged and locked because of it's high importance and visibility, combined with the apparent tendency for it to go off the rails in off-topic or inflammatory discussions. Obviously, this means you can no longer request additions via posts.

If you want your mod added to this list, PM a moderator. List of moderators
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 12:30:04 PM by Trylobot » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: