Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hullmod Expansion Disappeared/Taken Down  (Read 6886 times)

GlenSkunk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Hullmod Expansion Disappeared/Taken Down
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2020, 05:33:42 PM »

Afraid removing the Hullmod Expansion from an existing save will cause that save to break...at least it did for me when I tried it. Now I need to decide if I want to keep using the mod or if I want to just start a new game without it...been having to do a LOT of that new game making of late, what with how quickly some mods update and how often the changes they make end up breaking saves.

Daynen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2020, 12:20:20 PM »

Maaaaaaaaaaaaan...that is just the worst kind of disappointment.  He was really onto something with this mod too.  Some of the mods did need iteration and balancing but there's wonderful stuff in it with enormous potential.  Now it's just a dreadful waiting game until some update or other renders the current version incompatible...

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2020, 04:39:56 PM »

I hope someone will take this gold mind of idea and make it better for everyone  :) :) :) :)
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

Daynen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2020, 03:31:29 AM »

Aaaaaand my hard drive went bad.  Got a whole new computer though so that's cool.

But that means no more mod...damnit all.

Mr. Nobody

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2020, 11:50:57 AM »

Aaaaaand my hard drive went bad.  Got a whole new computer though so that's cool.

Ask around for a copy, someone's bound to have it
On the left half of the Bell curve

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2020, 01:19:18 PM »

Ask around for a copy, someone's bound to have it
I have one; but I went a little nuts with grammatical fixes and removed the 'req_spaceport' and 'Requires Dock' tags.

If anyone still remembers which hullmods from the pack requires such, I can re-upload a ~97% original copy to Dropbox.

Wispborne

• Captain
  • Discord: wispborne
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2020, 01:27:01 PM »

Mod: Persean Chronicles | Mod Manager: SMOL | Tool: VRAM Estimator | Tool: Forum+Discord Mod Database | If I'm inactive for 3 months, anyone can use any of my work for anything (except selling it or its derivatives).

Sick Puppy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2020, 01:25:23 PM »

Heya! I've been using the Hullmod Expansion Pack for a bit, and I noticed that it disappeared off of the Starsector modding forum earlier this morning-- anyone know why?

Probably guilty of wrong think and had to be purged for the good of the community. Seems like an on going trend. I wonder if there's free speech third party site that gives freedom to modders.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 01:29:33 PM by Sick Puppy »

connortron7

• Captain
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2020, 02:02:10 PM »

Heya! I've been using the Hullmod Expansion Pack for a bit, and I noticed that it disappeared off of the Starsector modding forum earlier this morning-- anyone know why?

Probably guilty of wrong think and had to be purged for the good of the community. Seems like an on going trend. I wonder if there's free speech third party site that gives freedom to modders.
What in the world are you on about? It was already explained.
The author took it done because they threw a temper tantrum.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2020, 02:05:40 PM »

As I said in the other thread: The mod was not taken down by the forum moderation team. The author took it down of their own volition.

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22HullMod+Expansion%22+pastebin&client=firefox-b-1-d&tbas=0

Mods, definitely remove this if it's against something.

As there is nothing against forum rules in the mod, this is fine. If the author contacts us to ask for it not to be listed, we'll respect that however and remove the link.

As a general reminder: it is against forum rules to publicly discuss moderation. If you have concerns, please send us a PM. As this topic has run its course (with a link even) and will most likely only attract further moderation discussion, I'm going to lock it.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 02:07:39 PM by Thaago »
Pages: 1 [2]