Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: how can I give custom system's stars "min flare", "max flare", "corona var"?  (Read 223 times)

Killer of Fate

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I'm looking at the way how other star systems were designed and can't really find a way to do it.

Also, has anyone else noticed that Ta'xet (right to Yma, uninhabited) is a fake star and emits no solar energy whatsoever? Same with Antillia in the Tyle system?
(this is a quasi-bug report, though I'm sure it was left like that intentionally to save development time until a resolution could be found to more easily emplace solar emission in custom system stars)

Audax

• Commander
    • View Profile

StarSystemAPI has initStar that allows you to create a star with initial values your asking for.

The API also has addCorona which allows you to modify an existing star corona values.

If you want more specifics you can check out the procgen data in starsector-core\data\campaign\procgen\star_gen_data.csv

If you want something more code specific iirc the min max values are just randomly calculated from preexisting data found in the csv and uses addCorona method for adding corona to procedural stars.