Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Adminitrator's (salary) etc feel imbalanced  (Read 1089 times)

geminitiger

• Commander
    • View Profile
Adminitrator's (salary) etc feel imbalanced
« on: January 18, 2020, 08:57:31 PM »

I'm only about 3 games into Starsector but I feel this is more than a bit off so I'm gonna share.

In all of my games I have found an administrator from a reckage while exploring, they demand a salary of 25000 a month and while inactive they cost 2500. I have found one such administrator before even founding my first colony. So here are my choices.

Fire said administrator and suffer some late game regret I suppose costing me nothing upfront but on the back end, I have no idea tbh.

Pay 2500 a month for some chump to do nothing for yearrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs. (I'm a fan of industry skills, maybe I shouldn't be, but by the time I have a colony I will be best choice until I have 4.. so my fifth colony, I will pay some guy 25000 to take literally all the profits you can hope to make in the first three years of operation (plus some), deducting the cost of setting up, deducting the salary I paid him for years to do nothing.. )

After thinking about it a bit I should have just fired the guy straight off, I guess I will next game.

A few ways to improve this would be:

Regular/unskilled NPC administrators should be gain all three related skills over time, like npc officers
or
Maybe another way to deal with this is to make skilled administrators not so rare, so I don't regret giving up that early game find.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 01:38:55 AM by geminitiger »