Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: settings.json questions  (Read 957 times)

n3xuiz

• Commander
    • View Profile
settings.json questions
« on: January 15, 2020, 02:32:28 AM »

i've been looking at the settings.json file and have some questions:

"oneClickJumpPoints":false
does this mean i don't have to confirm every time i try and go through a jump point. because early game its important because the danger of enemy fleets but in the endgame its just tedious.

"compressSaveGameData":false
can i turn this on? seems to me that it would be nice to have it save faster since i run a bunch of mods. is the warning below it related to the compressed save or the "enableScriptCaching":false? because from the spacing it seems to be the latter.

"maxCombatZoom":2.0
i once accidentally had devmode enabled when starting a battle and i quite liked the idea of being able to zoom out more. as far as i could tell it didn't tank performance. i also used to like supreme commanders feature of being able to zoom out very far. can i set it higher without breaking the game? how far does it go in devmode?

as i said before i run a bunch of mods and some of those also have settings.json files. do i have to change these settings in more than one place for them to take effect?
my modlist

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: settings.json questions
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 03:27:55 AM »

Compressing game saves would make the process take longer, not shorter.
Zooming out further won't break anything. It would lead to something older games would have called "no fog of war cheat".