Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Need a ship with fast missile rack and a large missile slot  (Read 1667 times)

Cyber Von Cyberus

• Commander
  • Warcrimes are very profitable...
    • View Profile
Need a ship with fast missile rack and a large missile slot
« on: January 13, 2020, 10:24:34 AM »

Greetings, so I wanted to test something silly with the Kadur's huge missile weapon, however I need a ship that has fast missile racks (or whatever that system is called which reloads missiles faster), has a large missile slot and most importantly has the lowest possible Deployment Points.
I'm playing with a lot of mods so you can also suggest one from a mod if it fits the description.
Diktat Admiral:"What do we have here ? A dissident ? A pirate ? Or maybe a degenerate ?"

Me:"Yes, I'm all of those."

ANGRYABOUTELVES

• Admiral
  • AE ALTADOON GHARTOK PADHOME
    • View Profile
Re: Need a ship with fast missile rack and a large missile slot
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 10:49:11 AM »

The Vindicator from Ship and Weapon Pack. It's a low-tech cruiser with a big gun and a big missile rack.

Tackywheat1

• Commander
  • Paragon is Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2020, 12:05:14 PM »

The Vindicator from Ship and Weapon Pack. It's a low-tech cruiser with a big gun and a big missile rack.

^

Not the Vindicator with 2 built in gungnirs but the standard version

Cyber Von Cyberus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2020, 12:56:32 PM »

I tried the Vindicator however at 28 DP I can't really achieve the missile saturation I'm looking for, the canon was however surprisingly effective when used in large numbers. The ASS from HMI however is a very cheap destroyer costing only 7 DP, perfect for spamming.
Diktat Admiral:"What do we have here ? A dissident ? A pirate ? Or maybe a degenerate ?"

Cyber Von Cyberus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2020, 05:24:58 AM »

After a bit of testing I must say that this tactic is surprisingly effective as long as you have a few ships that can hold the enemy at bay while the *** (really need to find another name, how about dromadary-X) keep firing their Jinn behind the rest of the fleet. However when the Jinn runs out of fuel or hits something the explosion is likely to kill anything near it including allies, so it's perfect. A stupid tactic that is as likely to get you killed as the enemy.