Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Does collapsing planets can destroy factions completely?  (Read 7868 times)

Blake81

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Does collapsing planets can destroy factions completely?
« on: January 11, 2020, 02:33:03 PM »

So, been playing the game for a while, and I am at that point where I have a sprawling space empire that makes about 3mil a month, and a fleet that can easily erase 90% of the opposition I encounter. So, I decided it was time to show Space ISIS how does it feel to be the one having their industries 'splode- I successfully de-civilized both Epiphany and Chalcedon, which as far as I know, are the only Pather-occupied planets.

So, why am I still having to deal with Pather cells? I am playing the fully vanilla game with no mods installed. Can this actually be done with no mods?

Lucky33

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Does collapsing planets can destroy factions completely?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2020, 02:54:19 PM »

This is the way.

Err.. Sorry.

In vanilla you cant get rid of the Path or Pirates. Logical explanation for this is very simple. Those faction's power base are decivilized societies.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 02:57:06 PM »

You can destroy all factions comple- oh, you mean the Path. If you destroy their planets, nothing changes. Same goes for pirates. It works with major factions, though. There's a mod Vayra's Sector that makes them go away, but it also does a bunch of other stuff, so you might not want it, if you want to fix just this one issue of yours.

Blake81

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2020, 03:07:09 PM »

Hm, I sorta figured it'd be that way. Specially considering the kind of security they had protecting their planets; tiny clusters of almost tutorial-level ships. Good to know I can get rid of the Diktat that way, tho... time to be the Lobster King...

That said... does having good Rep with Pirates stop them from attacking your colonies? That may be worth it...

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2020, 03:10:53 PM »

Pathers create their cells based on how much technology you use. Certain industries and items attract them. Normally, then they would try to conduct sabotage, but in the current version, they are bugged and sabotage almost never succeeds. Your relationship with them does not stop them from doing this.
As for pirates, I think that being friendly with them doesn't help much, either. I don't remember if they stop raiding you, but they certainly don't stop with the "pirate activity" modifier, which can be pretty bad, too.

Killjoymcpuppykicker

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2020, 03:15:48 PM »

I get why it doesn't stop them, but it would be good if blasting their planets slowed them down.

cerberusti

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2020, 05:50:07 AM »

It does slow them down, you are just not blasting the right planets.

It spawns bases well before they affect you I think, and if you find the base you can take it out before it does anything.  They will build new ones though, so you can never entirely get rid of them, and it is mostly not worth it to spend all your time path and pirate hunting.

It would be nice to be able to commission an admiral (or AI core) to take a fleet out and continually hunt pirate and path bases for you.

Null Ganymede

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2020, 05:52:20 AM »

The real Sea Peoples were inside us all along.

Plantissue

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2020, 05:36:02 AM »

I don't think the Luddic Path planets send cells at all. I've never traced one back to their planets.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2020, 09:14:31 AM »

Planets indeed don't supply any pather cells, that's all done via randomly generated pather bases.