Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Optimization?  (Read 365 times)

LucusLoC

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Optimization?
« on: January 11, 2020, 04:51:33 PM »

So I am working through a "full colonization" game with a few mods to make life easier; nex, better colonies, terraforming etc., but no extra factions, ships or stuff like that.

Anyway, I am up to around 150 markets under my control, plus most of the original faction markets, plus a bunch I gave to the indies 'cause I did not want them. Call it 250 markets in total. I am noticing the game starting to chug, especially when loading colony management stuff. Is there anything I can do to optimize things, either in the settings or specific game-play behaviors? I am no where near a full colonization, and my worry is the game will become unplayable before I finish (just like all my Dwarf Fortress megaprojects).

(I have already done the basics like increase the ram and thread priority, so I am looking for stuff that may optimize the file parsing or something like that. My save file is like 40 meg, and I bet the lag comes from lookups in there.)

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
Re: Optimization?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2020, 08:59:34 PM »

The game really wasn't BUILT for 150 colony games. Alex is m ok re about Quality than Quantity
Stop trying to balance the game around a few minmaxers...
Programming is like sex:
One mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life.

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Tired of having your game crash because of out of date mods? Then click here!
Spoiler
Get Version Checker today! Now with 90% less hassle! Simply toss it into your mod folder, activate the mod like a normal one and BINGO you will now be informed of any and all updates when you start SS campaign up!
[close]