Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Optimization?  (Read 659 times)

LucusLoC

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Optimization?
« on: January 11, 2020, 04:51:33 PM »

So I am working through a "full colonization" game with a few mods to make life easier; nex, better colonies, terraforming etc., but no extra factions, ships or stuff like that.

Anyway, I am up to around 150 markets under my control, plus most of the original faction markets, plus a bunch I gave to the indies 'cause I did not want them. Call it 250 markets in total. I am noticing the game starting to chug, especially when loading colony management stuff. Is there anything I can do to optimize things, either in the settings or specific game-play behaviors? I am no where near a full colonization, and my worry is the game will become unplayable before I finish (just like all my Dwarf Fortress megaprojects).

(I have already done the basics like increase the ram and thread priority, so I am looking for stuff that may optimize the file parsing or something like that. My save file is like 40 meg, and I bet the lag comes from lookups in there.)

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
Re: Optimization?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2020, 08:59:34 PM »

The game really wasn't BUILT for 150 colony games. Alex is m ok re about Quality than Quantity
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too