Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Industry Mod?  (Read 914 times)

LucusLoC

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Industry Mod?
« on: January 06, 2020, 02:58:16 PM »

I am finding myself in need (flavor wise) of a hydroponics industry. Anyone know of a mod that adds this?

(bonus points if it requires a water commodity. Bonus bonus points if that water commodity plugs into the terraforming mod)

As a side note, if no such mod exists I am no stranger to coding, but since java is not a well known language to me I would like to make my first project a collaboration with someone more familiar. Ping me if interested.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Industry Mod?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2020, 09:17:01 AM »

As far as I'm aware, no mods exist for this.
I've suggested something similiar and not really got anywhere with it.
I really don't have the aptitude to learn java, so it kind of just languished.

Originally I thought it could be a straight farm replacement for worlds without the capability to build them, but after some thought realised that having a source of food without farmland would be too good. And also it would render one planetary resource completely irrelevant for a trivial cost, which is less than ideal.

What I had intended to do was find a way to remove the food demand, but only for the one colony this is built on. So that you can have full self-sufficiency for food this way, but it would cost you an industry slot on every colony. So you're paying a hefty price to ignore a resource.
And because it only alters the colony it is on, it doesn't get in the way of any others.
Possible inputs could have been: Organics & Machinery.

And it doesn't produce any exportable goods, so it won't generate any income itself.