Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Is there a mod that will prevent debris from disappearing during combat?  (Read 937 times)

rladmstjd45

• Ensign
    • View Profile

If a ship is destroyed during combat, the debris disappears automatically after a while. I want to keep it there. Does anyone know of such a mod or setting method?

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a mod that will prevent debris from disappearing during combat?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2020, 04:31:55 AM »

I am pretty sure debris does not disappear in vanilla, unless it flies off the map.

Edit: Then again, maybe full wrecks do disappear. Tested, but didn't see when it actually disappeared.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 04:36:21 AM by SafariJohn »

rladmstjd45

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2020, 04:39:35 AM »

I wasn't particularly attacked during the battle, but I've seen the debris burst and disappear many times.

RedHellion

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2020, 11:21:56 AM »

I believe the bits of wreckage from destroyed ships blows up after some set amount of time; or maybe if there are no ships in close proximity for 10+ seconds. Disabled ships (the ones that are still in one piece after dying, and you can still target their drifting hulk) never blow up and just drift off the battlefield.

This is probably both to reduce battlefield clutter (there would be quite a bit of drifting wreckage after a large fleet battle) and to improve game performance.

I'm not aware personally of a mod or setting which could modify how long debris stays on the battlefield. If there was though, you might see a performance impact in larger battles.