Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27

Author Topic: [0.95a] DIY Planets - Terraforming and more!  (Read 382664 times)

Aweguy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] DIY Planets - Terraforming and more!
« Reply #105 on: December 31, 2020, 04:08:01 AM »

Hello. I found a bug with Spindle Protectorate's jungle world in the Spindle star system. The planet type is called jungle_charkha and it crashes when i try to build something on it. It's basically a jungle world, but better ask Nia_Tahl for that. Thanks and hope you are well. Happy new year's eve too my friend. Here's the error snippet.

1193563 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Spec of class [com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.procgen.PlanetGenDataSpec] with id [jungle_charkha] not found
java.lang.RuntimeException: Spec of class [com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.procgen.PlanetGenDataSpec] with id [jungle_charkha] not found
    at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.o00000(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings$1.getSpec(Unknown Source)
    at kentington.diyplanets.WaterReceiver.isAvailableToBuild(WaterReceiver.java:46)
    at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.IndustryPickerDialog.updateTable(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.IndustryPickerDialog.createUI(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.IndustryPickerDialog.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.IndustryListPanel.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 04:12:38 AM by Aweguy »

john frost

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 06, 2021, 09:22:05 AM »

hey i have a nice idea could you add in this mod if you can a dyson sphere as a structure you can build

Outlander

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 13, 2021, 01:18:43 PM »

It seems there's some kind of bug or something. A barren world is supposed to become barren-desert if no extreme conditions are applied, and from there you can gradually change it to the type you want. The thing is, in my game, once I added atmosphere to my barren worlds they jumped straight to terran worlds. Is there a reason for this? I remember reading about it somewhere but can't remember where exactly.

Edit: Found it in the changelog. It was supposed to be fixed. In other posts I read that maybe some mod is messing with planet types. Given my mod list for this playthrough I don't think so, since they are mostly utility mods.

I can tell that this mod is all about "improving" the planets it's used on. Is there a possibility to implement ways to make planets "worse"? For example, using Stellar Shade to make a planet colder, maybe even a Frozen planet? Just an idea I had.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 11:18:52 AM by Outlander »

Pelops

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 06, 2021, 06:28:10 AM »

Hello guies, I have a frozen planet with Abundant Rare Ore / Moderate Ore / Abundant Volatiles / Extreme Cold / High Gravity.

I built by half a stellar mirror to lower the hazard rate and have less Cold, but will I keep the volatiles if it transform my planet  ?? Same for N-Brane Oscillator, will I keep the volatiles and ores if the gravity of my planet is changing ?? I saw a planet called Scorn hold by the Ninth battle group having a Terran one with metals and abundant volatiles so I'm wondering... ! What is my interest if I want to keep the resources intact ? And is it the same for Cryovolcanic or Toxic planets ?? Thanks in advance for your answers

ShpunkY

• Lieutenant
  • Just another piece of ***
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 07, 2021, 12:28:21 AM »

can i increase a planets organics ?

Outlander

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 07, 2021, 03:44:46 AM »

Hello guies, I have a frozen planet with Abundant Rare Ore / Moderate Ore / Abundant Volatiles / Extreme Cold / High Gravity.

I built by half a stellar mirror to lower the hazard rate and have less Cold, but will I keep the volatiles if it transform my planet  ?? Same for N-Brane Oscillator, will I keep the volatiles and ores if the gravity of my planet is changing ?? I saw a planet called Scorn hold by the Ninth battle group having a Terran one with metals and abundant volatiles so I'm wondering... ! What is my interest if I want to keep the resources intact ? And is it the same for Cryovolcanic or Toxic planets ?? Thanks in advance for your answers

As far as I can tell, this mod does not take away resources once they are in the planet, and can even increase them. From what I've seen, the best method would be to create a planet from scratch and gradually terraform it into terran with mild climate. It will have the large ore deposits, the farmland and likely even organics. They will not have ruins or volatiles tho, so that's something to keep in mind.

sicksock

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 13, 2021, 09:44:51 PM »

Hey I've encountered a situation where a colony I own can build aquaculture but cant do the lobster breeding program. Its an Archipelago world from unknown skies. So far I haven't done any terraforming on it but reevaluating turns it into a Terran but still allows me to build Aquaculture. Does anyone know a way around this?

Dragoth

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 14, 2021, 08:25:15 AM »

Hey I've encountered a situation where a colony I own can build aquaculture but cant do the lobster breeding program. Its an Archipelago world from unknown skies. So far I haven't done any terraforming on it but reevaluating turns it into a Terran but still allows me to build Aquaculture. Does anyone know a way around this?

If you don't mind using console commands you can add the industry to the world.

Pelops

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 18, 2021, 12:51:39 PM »

I wanted to thank the people for their answers on the forum :

- Console-Command is very useful to eliminate certain fleets and enable to save big games when you have a basic graphic card

- Thanks also for the help about terraforming, I have a frozen planet which turned into an ocean one and still has his volatiles and metal resources ;)

=> I would be interested to modify some planets with the Console-Command although it is cheating but how do you do practically what do you need to write in the code ?

shilum

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 25, 2021, 09:33:21 PM »

I was wondering if this mod was ever made compatible with unknown skies?

gustavolemos

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 28, 2021, 10:02:32 AM »

Hi! so ive been testing this mod and its pretty nice. i created this account to make this comment cuz i didnt have any until then.
i think i have some nice criticism tho, i hope its welcome.

- my biggest 'issue' is with the 'atmosphere pumps' structure. it is fine as it comes to how it works in game, but thats not how atmosphere works, and i believe it would be easy to change it to something that does the same thing but in a 'real scientific way'. you see, atmosphere is co-related to how well the planet can hold on to its molecules, even the lightest ones, like gases. basically, it needs to have; or enough mass, or a pretty active melted metal core, or be cold enought just in the right way, and most important, be far away from the sun to not get stripped away. you see, the atmosphere is co-related with the magnetic field the planet have, if it is an cold/dead core it cannot have an magnetic field.

with all this being said, pumping gasses to the outer layer of a planet would just make it vapor away to space, because the planet cant hold on to it. this is a link with some neat and short information about it: https://www.psi.edu/epo/faq/atmosphere.html

my suggestion is to change the 'pumps' to something related to the core of the planet. like 'sistemic nuking of strategic places to reignite the core of the planet', or maybe tied to sysmic activity. (Sorry to point the issue and to not bring the answer)

in another perspective, having an atmosphere doesnt mean its habitable yet, as it could be made of prophane gas or any other highly nocive gases. in this situation something like pumps would make sense in a planet who haves atmosphere but a inhabitable one. (along with some filters or smt).

i hope you enjoy this little comment of mine :)

Edit: another tip i could give you is to change the 'Stellar distributor' (the structure of the 'poor light' effect), to something in the lines of 'artificial reflective micro particles in the atmosphere' that bounce light around, distributing it, other than a big orbit structure which is not that ~scientific~.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 03:40:01 PM by gustavolemos »

Cane

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 02, 2021, 10:47:14 AM »

I'm thinking of trying this mod in my next playthrough. I've been running Terraforming and Station Construction precisely for the terraforming aspect, and this looks like a fun alternative.

TaSC has the option to turn a planet into a cryoplanet, which is really good for Industrial Evolution's Supercomputer industry. This turned a pretty crap planet in my system with no real resources into a useful colonization goal. Will you ever add extra terraforming choices in the future?

Edit: I'm also slightly disappointed that the planet-creating ship isn't called the Titan. ;D
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 10:54:28 AM by Cane »

cjuicy

• Captain
  • Figuring out how the hell to wear heels (She/it)
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 02, 2021, 11:10:27 AM »

Edit: I'm also slightly disappointed that the planet-creating ship isn't called the Titan. ;D
That would conflict with Interstellar Imperium's Titan series, so it's understandable that they wouldn't use it.

Spoiler
Genesis works well enough anyways.
[close]
It's been a long time, but I still love ya!

- Pfp done by Sleepyfish!

Kentington

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] DIY Planets - Terraforming and more!
« Reply #118 on: April 01, 2021, 07:58:38 AM »

Finally had time to update this - DIY Planets should now be 0.95a compatible. Be on the lookout for more fixes and updates soon!

Michihiri

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] DIY Planets - Terraforming and more!
« Reply #119 on: April 03, 2021, 03:46:37 AM »

Is there anyway to increase or decrease the amount of days required to terraform?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27