Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27

Author Topic: [0.95a] DIY Planets - Terraforming and more!  (Read 382668 times)

Panpiper

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] DIY Planets - Terraforming and more!
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2020, 06:09:28 PM »

A small tip: you can use AI cores in terraforming structures and they are returned to planetary storage when it's project is finished and structure erases itself. Alpha Core doubles the speed at which terraforming structures work (you still need the artefact to go past 50% completion, but if you have it, the whole thing will finish in half the time, and you get to keep and reuse the core).

That's not a 'small' tip, that's a great tip!   ;)  Thank you.

Panpiper

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2020, 07:55:33 PM »

Query:  Is there any provision in the mod for gaining farmland once a planet has been completely terraformed?

Thief of Time

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2020, 12:06:10 AM »

Query:  Is there any provision in the mod for gaining farmland once a planet has been completely terraformed?
When I last terraformed a barren planet into a desert one, it gained a farmland, when I terraformed it into a terran one, the farmland improved.

Panpiper

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2020, 03:23:31 AM »

When I last terraformed a barren planet into a desert one, it gained a farmland, when I terraformed it into a terran one, the farmland improved.

Does the happy dance!   :)

Kanil

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2020, 06:01:57 PM »

I'm trying to use the mod to create a jungle world at the moment, but I'm not exactly sure how to go about that. Does anyone know what the required conditions are to create one?

Adding water to a hot desert got me an arid world, but it seems like adding water to a normal temperature desert world would get me a terran eccentric world?

Edit: Some more questions and observations. Adding water to a low gravity desert got me a terran world, is low gravity not a "natural hazard" that would cause it to become a terran eccentric world instead?

I don't think my Water Capture Infrastructure returned the alpha core it had when it finished.

My water world got water-covered surface correctly, but I cannot build an aquaculture industry on it.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 02:11:37 AM by Kanil »

Kentington

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2020, 07:03:31 PM »

Kanil: Currently, once water is added to a hot desert, it has a 50% chance to become an arid world and a 50% chance to become jungle. I'm thinking of changing this in the next release, since theoretically you should be in control of the amount of water you're adding, and it doesn't make sense to create an arid world.

Will look into those bugs this week.

zorbak27

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2020, 08:48:08 AM »

Hello, while i was looking at the modinfo of this mod, i found the lobster breeding industry. Is it possible to get it without using console commands or is it just a WIP?

RoquetheRogue

• Commander
  • personal text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2020, 12:39:00 PM »

Thank you.  Will the quest repeat so we can reacquire the necessary artifacts?
Yes, you can also get artefacts from exploration, because they were added to loot from old stations and planetary ruins (things you generally go looking for in search for a nanoforge or AI cores).
The "Scared spacer" quest is infinitely repeatable, you just need to find another spacer, your colonies will even have them occasionally.
A small tip: you can use AI cores in terraforming structures and they are returned to planetary storage when it's project is finished and structure erases itself. Alpha Core doubles the speed at which terraforming structures work (you still need the artefact to go past 50% completion, but if you have it, the whole thing will finish in half the time, and you get to keep and reuse the core).

Is it just me or did this mod COMPLETELY replace some aspects of exploration by changing Loot Tables? because try hard as I can, I never get any Cores, Nanoforges or the like anymore, all i see is Terraforming artifacts everywhere...
A mind that opens itself to a new idea never returns to it's original size.

Thief of Time

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2020, 01:11:41 PM »

Is it just me or did this mod COMPLETELY replace some aspects of exploration by changing Loot Tables? because try hard as I can, I never get any Cores, Nanoforges or the like anymore, all i see is Terraforming artifacts everywhere...
There are quite the number of terraforming artefacts, but I still do find Cores and Nanoforges that I need.

RoquetheRogue

• Commander
  • personal text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2020, 01:28:30 PM »

There are quite the number of terraforming artefacts, but I still do find Cores and Nanoforges that I need.

How are you doing that? No luck for me at all though, is it just RNG being tricky? I have 8 terraforming artifacts of varying utility, maybe this should be reduced? instead of having several types of terraforming artifacts you have like 3 or 2 for general purposes.. so it does not overlap the spawn rates of some of the more common Artifacts, I have yet to find nanoforges and converters for my current play
A mind that opens itself to a new idea never returns to it's original size.

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2020, 10:24:43 PM »

Thanks!
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

Thief of Time

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2020, 05:23:28 AM »

How are you doing that? No luck for me at all though, is it just RNG being tricky? I have 8 terraforming artifacts of varying utility, maybe this should be reduced? instead of having several types of terraforming artifacts you have like 3 or 2 for general purposes.. so it does not overlap the spawn rates of some of the more common Artifacts, I have yet to find nanoforges and converters for my current play
I don't do anything special, just fly around and explore ruins and derelict stations. The spawnrate of Nanoforges and other vanila artefacts is lower compared to vanila from my experiences, but I do find what I need. And in case you didn't know, there are a few Terraforming arefacts that can be used on multiple buildings. (The orange nanoforge looking one can be used on three buildings I think.)

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2020, 02:20:05 AM »

Hi there!

First of all, a great mod pointed to satisfy players`s demands when all achievements are reached. Thanks a LOT.

But still a lot to do, i guess. Weird bug happened, when i just colonize a jungle world, the Water Transport Infrastructure appears in a build list. I have not trying to construct that and quickly check if colonized a wrong planet, but no. Then i was tried to make a screenshot, but WTI was already gone.

Another bug: Solar Shade  or Genepurge Project eats my alpha AI core. Both was equipped them and both finished while i was in a long term expedition. Upon returning there was only one core in storage.

And yeah, there are too much terraforming artifacts (TA) in game, even without the bar quest. I`v started a new game with that mod and have not explored even a 10% of outer systems yet, but already found 15 TA.

If not reducing spawn rate(i can understand why), maybe it better to find a way to order overneeded TA instead of selling them? First think: give them to factions local authority for money and relationship. Too boring, though. It would be better to convert them into something more needful, like AI cores, blueprints, nanoforges, etc. It could be implemented via bar quest or mission-like quest similar to procurement. Too boring ether. I can image repeatable bar quest of mixed type:

1. Met a drunken guy in a bar, who will give you a coordinates of other drunken guy, who is willing to obtain specific TA and ready to sell his soul (and secret pirate/remnant base coordinates) for it. First guy probably should be paid for it.
2. Second guy sells you a coordinates for TA.
3. Secret pirate/remnant base spawned somewhere in sector. It is strong and guarded by a huge fleet. End-game players shall enjoy.
4. When destroyed, base gives a LOOT. AI cores, blueprints, etc. But not TA, obviously.
5. ...
6. Repeat in a three to six month or so.

That is probably too much text for a single post, sorry.  ??? Also sorry about my bad eanglish.

P.S. is it moderation or i doing something wrong? Post does not appear. :-[
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

rekkehus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2020, 08:10:27 AM »

I've been playing with this mod, and found it to be enjoyable, with one reservation:
I would think that terraforming a planet to a terran type should add organics as well as farmland.

Any chance of that happening?

MaroonTin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2020, 12:14:57 PM »

First of all I'm loving this mod and I've had no issues so far.
But now I have a problem a desert world that I'm trying to terraform already has the "habitable" condition but when I build the water collection structure and the project finishes it doesn't get turned into a terran world it just gets the condition "hydrated" i already tried removing that condition and re-hydrating the planet but it results in the same issue, the same goes for deleting "habitable" and adding "no atmosphere"

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27