Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] High Tech Expansion v1.2.4  (Read 31192 times)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] High Tech Expansion v1.2.4
« Reply #90 on: February 27, 2021, 08:39:16 PM »

@wad78: It's extremely bad form to post a modification to someone's mod without the mod author's permission. I've removed the link from your post; consider this an official warning.

Edit: actually, let me just remove the post entirely so it doesn't clutter up the thread.

wad78

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: February 27, 2021, 08:41:21 PM »

Oh okay no problem, the mod exists now anyway and those who want it know where to find it :)

Twilight Sentinel

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2021, 12:19:31 PM »

I've played around a fair bit now with the system swapped Moray and Persephone.  I've seen that the Moray does consistently outperform the Persephone in terms of damage and survivability, especially in the AI's hands.  The only real exception is safety overrides in the players hands, where the Persephone's ability to bring 3.5 pulse lasers to bare on a target at once is much stronger.  I feel like the Moray is in need of some nerfs.  My first instinct would be be to its ordinance points or defensiveness.  Currently it can easily afford to pack a converted hanger and some wasps, while leaving the back turret empty, to cover its lack of PD.

My other main thought is that I think there's too many cruisers in the high tech blueprint package right now.  They cover pretty much everything you might need for cruiser warships, limiting fleet variety from game to game and the excitement from finding a new cruiser blueprint.  Maybe cut it to 2-3 new cruisers in the package and have the rest as rare singleton blueprints?

theDragn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2021, 03:40:23 PM »

I've played around a fair bit now with the system swapped Moray and Persephone.  I've seen that the Moray does consistently outperform the Persephone in terms of damage and survivability, especially in the AI's hands.  The only real exception is safety overrides in the players hands, where the Persephone's ability to bring 3.5 pulse lasers to bare on a target at once is much stronger.  I feel like the Moray is in need of some nerfs.  My first instinct would be be to its ordinance points or defensiveness.  Currently it can easily afford to pack a converted hanger and some wasps, while leaving the back turret empty, to cover its lack of PD.

My other main thought is that I think there's too many cruisers in the high tech blueprint package right now.  They cover pretty much everything you might need for cruiser warships, limiting fleet variety from game to game and the excitement from finding a new cruiser blueprint.  Maybe cut it to 2-3 new cruisers in the package and have the rest as rare singleton blueprints?

The AI isn't fantastic at abusing Fast Missile Racks, but it is very good at using Phase Skimmer, so that's not very surprising. The Moray is also intended to be slightly better than the Persephone, since it has worse CR stats and a higher supply cost. In terms of possible nerfs- it's actually got pretty bad OP for a destroyer, with only 79. Nearly every vanilla combat destroyer has at least 95 OP, for comparison. It's also not absurdly tanky for its class either; the Medusa has the same shield eff and ~10% more flux capacity. Perhaps I could cut a bit of dissipation? I'll think on it.

On blueprint availability- I was gonna type some stuff about how most cruisers are actually in the blueprint packs, but I just looked at the files for vanilla and it turns out that there's way more rare cruiser blueprints than I thought- I thought only the Aurora and the Doom were rare, and that's not the case. That's a bit of a screwup on my part. I'll move the Bombardier and Flamingo into the rare pool, so the hightech pack will give you the Aphelion, Peregrine, and Gila (and the Apogee).

Twilight Sentinel

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 02, 2021, 02:32:30 PM »

On blueprint availability- I was gonna type some stuff about how most cruisers are actually in the blueprint packs, but I just looked at the files for vanilla and it turns out that there's way more rare cruiser blueprints than I thought- I thought only the Aurora and the Doom were rare, and that's not the case. That's a bit of a screwup on my part. I'll move the Bombardier and Flamingo into the rare pool, so the hightech pack will give you the Aphelion, Peregrine, and Gila (and the Apogee).
That sounds reasonable.  The Aphelion and Gila work as fleet anchors, similar to the Apogee, Dominator, and Venture.  The Peregrine looks to be a light cruiser that can fit the same role as the Falcon.  The Bombardier has a clear rare blueprint comparison in the Gryphon, while the Flamingo can be compared to the Aurora and Eagle.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]