Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Commander playthrough. Good fleet/ship builds for AI?  (Read 12935 times)

Lucky33

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Commander playthrough. Good fleet/ship builds for AI?
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2019, 10:24:38 AM »

Once you partake in the Great Onslaught Stampede, those chants no longer work. You cant hear them over fierce sounds of superheavy armored behemoths plowing through anything that dares to oppose them.
What chants? What are you talking about?

These chants:

You shouldn't need to do anything particularily special to beat Ordos fleets or remnant battlestation for that matter now that battle size are no longer defaulted as 200 and the 75 deployment of the remnant battlestation is added on as well. Ordos fleets are relatively small fleets compared to the largest expedition or bounty fleets. You can easily isolate Ordos fleets and fight them one at a time by using emergency burn or sustained burn as remnants don't use either. If 500 battlesize, 345 deployments of any capitals should beat a Remnant battlestation with ease. In both cases a "normal" onslaught should have no problems. No need for particularily special fits or XIV Onslaught. Nice thing about Onslaughts is that despite appearances, due to the burn drive, they can chase down withdrawing Radiants.

Plantissue

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2019, 10:36:32 AM »

Why do you feel the need to describe my post as a chant?

The information written are entirely valid and true. You don't need to do anything particularily special to beat Ordos fleets or remnant battlestation. Two totally different Onslaught fleets were posted, I offered a third one, so it can be inferred that there is nothing special needed to do so. Any fleet of any type of capitals can do so effectively, and indeed even a cruiser fleet as well, as I have done so with a suboptimal fleet of Apogees and Auroras.

There's something funny about describing an informative post as a chant whilst you write "Great Onslaught Stampede" in the very same sentence.

Lucky33

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2019, 12:37:25 PM »

Because it is. You are repeating same thing again and again. Its a chant. "A repeated rhythmic phrase".

"Great Onslaught Stampede" is a hyperbole.

Plantissue

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2019, 09:10:00 AM »

Where is the chant? What would I be repeating? Meanwhile you chant "Great Onslaught Stampede", a meaningless phrase without a hint of irony.

We can have two opposing views, and argue in favour of them. It does no-one any favours to write phrases that don't mean anything as an argument. Do you imagine that I haven't made a fleet of onslaughts before? I can hear them just fine. What I can't hear is your reasoning.

Lucky33

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2020, 03:50:53 AM »

You was repeating that there is no need to do anything particularily special. And now you are repeating my hyperbole - Great Onslaught Stampede. Catchy. I know.

Plantissue

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2020, 08:53:30 AM »

What are you saying now? You don't seem to like what I have written, so it seems that you have decided to write that I am repeating myself, instead of countering those points and laughing at your own jokes it appears.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 09:01:42 AM by Plantissue »

Lucky33

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2020, 10:28:04 AM »

There is no need to counter any of your points because there are none of them.

Turns out beating ordos with only AI is quite hard. I tried two more onslaughts, they got flux locked and just stood there despite being equipped with max vents, flux distributor, needlers, flak cannons and hephaestus cannons. At least they managed to survive for a long time though.

Took ages to find reckless officers and level them up, but it was worth it. I replaced the front arbalests with heavy machine guns and added two more sabot pods, and now they shred pretty much everything, multiple ordos at a time included. With a few moras armed with flash bombers from defeated ordos, I managed to take down their station. Reckless officers seem to be where it's at for me, as they are the only ones who actually follow my orders properly. Sometimes taking some hull damage to finish off a retreating radiant is what's needed to do to win the battle, but the AI is too scared to do it without reckless officers.

You shouldn't need to do anything particularily special to beat Ordos fleets or remnant battlestation

There was a need and it was answered.

End of discussion.

Plantissue

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2020, 09:58:07 AM »

And I gave my own answer. . If you wanted to discuss, you could have written what you disagreed with but instead you denigrated my reply and answered with what you admit was hyperbole.

For what part of "Once you partake in the Great Onslaught Stampede, those chants no longer work. You cant hear them over fierce sounds of superheavy armored behemoths plowing through anything that dares to oppose them." can be said to be useful information?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]