Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: working on some ships off and on for 25 years need some help (Now with pics)  (Read 934 times)

Asmodium

• Ensign
    • View Profile

you will have to open another window for Images https://photos.app.goo.gl/1V7whizcaoF7upa69

So 25 years ago i use to doodle when i didn't have anything to so in high school every now and then i pulled them out made them better and even transferred them onto paint at one point

I'm hoping to have Someone make my ships its always been a dream to have them in a game I've used them in a paper game before
I'd love it if someone could add these to one of their packs or make a whole new pack I unfortunately have no idea how to begin to do the artwork needed
to make them appealing for the game let alone how to make a mod

Image with several different ships at top

First row are all Human ships Four different groups Reexers (Renagade exiters) , Terrans , Paladin , Pirates (Free Colonists)-(Outcasts)
I didn't even realize i had made 4 groups getting forgetful but is has been a long time
Second row - Reapers , Oculas , Krauk’ats (Cats)
Third row - Rena (Dimonians) , Orfie (Daisies) , Gliders (Alda Bel Ze)
Starcrossers , Hive (bugs) , Baussans

some are very crude but others are more detailed and can work as a guide for someone i also have some basic alien
Data a little of their history sample below

Race: Orfie
Average height: 4 feet
Average weight: 50 pounds
Ears: sensitive leaves covering their body
Arms/legs: the orfie aren’t limited two 4 or even 6 limbs but grow them as they need them
Tail: tail like appendages can be grown on any orfie
Skin color: usually a rich green or drown color
Eyes/color: the orfie don’t have eyes but see using echolocation recently Orfie scientist have developed an
artificial eye for use but has to
be attached to the orfie at a very young age
Average birth rate: 3000 seeds a season
Average life span: most orfie can live for 250 to 300 years but a small percentage has lived for near 500 years
Average attitude: the orfie are cautious and slow they don’t have family groups and can work together or alone
they don’t care for their young just spread the seeds on a planet the orfie who grow are born with some of their parents
knowledge and begin working as soon as they are able

Orfie History
The orfie grew in a very dense rainforest being a meat eating plant originally they had developed sensitive leaves to feel vibrations and fast vines for catching and tearing up there food eventually they evolved to be able to move from place to place to seek out more new areas for hunting the orfie developed form of communication by touching and passing information threw their vines too each other working together they could catch and eat bigger animals they couldn’t alone but it was soon apparent their number was getting to big and the animals where becoming too few

That led to the orfie finding natural ways of promoting the animals reproduction and protecting them from predators this went well for the orfie for several millennia before a new form of life invaded the planet from a meteorite casing a sickness on the planet for many hundreds of years the surviving orfie became afraid of future sickness and began to manipulate other plants trying to master their environment

After nearly 10,000 years the orfie managed to create living aircraft made out of heavily modified plants they pushed the limit of air travel a few decades later the orfie went to war with each other after a sudden pandemic left the planet without many of the prey species the large number of orfie needed to survive the war was short lived in orfie terms only 46 years the end of the war was brought on by the discovery of planets outside of their own

It took the orfie nearly another 2 centuries before they engineered a plant species that could survive in space and another millennia before they could travel outside of their own home system after a few encounters with other sapient races the orfie developed a form of sign language but rarely used it due to their disinterest in communicating with other species

Orfie Religion

The orfie warship their mother planet and will gladly lay down their lives to keep others from landing on their mother planet

Well thanks for your time even if you cant help

Any questions you want to have answered ask away i'll post the questions and answers below

what work do you do? - I use to do factory work, ya i know hard to tell from my ms paint work that i use to make party
trays and heavy lifting for Hormel and other company's

Are these taken from the internet - heck no I scanned them in myself years ago Still got the paper copies

Why are your images missing or not very clear - I have no idea i use to use Photobucket and had no problem now they charge for that service so now i have google photo
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 11:19:08 AM by Asmodium »

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: been working on some ships off and on for 25 years need some help
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2019, 08:03:56 AM »

ps can someone tell me a web sight i can upload some photos to so i can add them to this post
Use imgur, then when you uploaded there attach the photos here.
Please don't take me too seriously.

Asmodium

• Ensign
    • View Profile

anyone interested in any of the story behind these at the very least can ask about them i don't mind letting everyone know

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Images in your OP aren't rendering.