Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: [0.97a] Supply Forging 1.5a  (Read 144775 times)

Sanrai

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Supply Forging 1.2
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2020, 09:26:23 PM »

Honestly, I would prefer if Nanoforges just increased the rate of the conversion, rather than the efficiency.

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2020, 09:40:24 AM »

Changelog 1.3:

• Reworked forging process: increasing nanoforges no longer convert more supplies from metal, but rather convert more metal into supplies. Example: With 3 pristine nanoforges, the former created 4.35 supplies from 30 metal and 1 heavy machinery. The new one now creates 5.25 supplies from 52.5 metal and 1.75 heavy machines.
  • Corrupted Nanoforge increased from +5% to +10%.
  • Pristine Nanoforge increased from +15% to +25%.
Save-game compatible.

Xobra

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2020, 09:54:25 AM »

Changelog 1.3:

• Reworked forging process: increasing nanoforges no longer convert more supplies from metal, but rather convert more metal into supplies. Example: With 3 pristine nanoforges, the former created 4.35 supplies from 30 metal and 1 heavy machinery. The new one now creates 5.25 supplies from 52.5 metal and 1.75 heavy machines.
  • Corrupted Nanoforge increased from +5% to +10%.
  • Pristine Nanoforge increased from +15% to +25%.
Save-game compatible.
Basically it means instead if converting Metal more efficient, it converts/more at once it faster?

Still nice, got 50k metal lying around

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Supply Forging 1.3
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2020, 10:54:31 AM »

I am almost feel like rotten tomatoes flies right in my head, still will say:

Something is absolutely wrong with that mod. And I think, I figured out what exactly. Where the hell those forging process happens? On a deck of your flagship Onslaught? I doubt any real battleship have enough place to host industrial activity of that scale. Maybe inside Atlas cargo holds? Yeah, that is more likely, but this will make it lose it's cargo capacities, right? Maybe specialized ship, then? ???

So the suggestion is simple: add a specializing ship (or ships) that will do actual forging. If those ships are not available for player, because of any reason, forging is still possible if some ships have "makeshift forging facility" logistic hullmod. I suggest this hullmod be available only to caps and cruisers with cargo holds larger than 1250/500 respectively. Yes, that mean it mostly logistic ships orientated (intended). Hullmod allows supply conversation with 50%/25% speed and decrease cargo hold to same 1250/500 it requires, also increase skeleton crew by 250/100.

The more forge ships (dedicated or converted) player have, the better daily rate. Quantity of nanoforges, that provides boost, is limited to number of forge ships.

Now, a volley of tomatoes!
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

DubTre6

• Commander
  • Tri-Tachyon Agricultural Rep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2020, 12:10:33 PM »

Great moves, keep it up, proud of you.
8) why fight the paragon when you can BE the paragon 8)

ErrantSingularity

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2020, 07:28:12 PM »

Basically any ship has the capacity to work a Nanoforge, in lore it's how carriers work. Even the smallest drone carrier has a nanoforge running to remake ships, instead of a conventional hangar it's more of a production platform. A logistic ship or anything bigger than probably a Falcon definitely has some room to pop out supplies.

Comrade Corwin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
A Humble Suggestion
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2020, 11:04:38 AM »

I love this idea! Self-reliance in the deep reaches of unexplored space seems like it would be a must, so this adds a lot of immersion for me. Thank you for the mod!

My only suggestion would be that I think this sort of ability would be locked behind an Industry skill. Maybe Field Repairs? I think it makes sense that less industriously-minded captains would not assign crew and resources to something as civilian as supply manufacturing.

DubTre6

• Commander
  • Tri-Tachyon Agricultural Rep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2020, 08:26:06 PM »

This mod has made my 100k+ metal stacks a thing of the past, brilliant!
8) why fight the paragon when you can BE the paragon 8)

beyond247v

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2020, 04:11:02 PM »

The ability doesnt show up for me. Is there something i must do to activate it?

Echonian

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2020, 08:00:37 PM »

The ability doesnt show up for me. Is there something i must do to activate it?

I'm using the mod myself, and it definitely shows up for me. However, you can assign abilities to the hot bar by right clicking it, and can toggle between the bars with CTRL-1 through other numbers (I use CTRL 1 2 and 3). See if it shows up when you right click.

As a side note, this mod works very well for me. It's a simple fix, but it has certainly made traveling around with tons of metal/heavy machinery from constant battles a bit easier to deal with. While I still have to stop by stations to sell what I have looted, I don't have to do so as often now, and the trade-off between profitability vs convenience is a nice feature to consider.

deaxsa

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2021, 09:26:40 PM »

Can someone explain how the math works? I was attempting to fiddle with the values for a late-game run, but ran into trouble because things didn't make sense.
 --- Commodity Base Values ---
Metal:  30
Machinery:  150
Supplies:  100
 --- My Current Config ---
"SF_MetalConversionRate": 1.0,
"SF_MetalCost":50,
"SF_HeavyMachineryCost":2,

So (30+150)/(100)=1.8, but 1.8 what? When I get in-game it tells me (no forges) I'm making 3 supplies per day. How did we get there? I've got 1800 credit's worth of supplies being consumed per day, and I'm getting 300 out of it? that's .166, not 1.8? I'm so confused, someone please help me understand the math that goes into this mod. Fortunately, the forges part is working as I understand it, each forge grants +x% to the number of times it's processed in a day.

Is there some reason the config files are not setup as Line1: metal units eaten per day, Line2: machine units eaten per day, Line3: supply units produced per day, with supply forges adding to the number of daily cycles that happen in a day? That would be much, much more intuitive.

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2021, 11:11:58 PM »

Can someone explain how the math works? I was attempting to fiddle with the values for a late-game run, but ran into trouble because things didn't make sense.

So (30+150)/(100)=1.8, but 1.8 what? When I get in-game it tells me (no forges) I'm making 3 supplies per day. How did we get there? I've got 1800 credit's worth of supplies being consumed per day, and I'm getting 300 out of it? that's .166, not 1.8? I'm so confused, someone please help me understand the math that goes into this mod. Fortunately, the forges part is working as I understand it, each forge grants +x% to the number of times it's processed in a day.

Is there some reason the config files are not setup as Line1: metal units eaten per day, Line2: machine units eaten per day, Line3: supply units produced per day, with supply forges adding to the number of daily cycles that happen in a day? That would be much, much more intuitive.

"SF_MetalCost":30,
   "SF_HeavyMachineryCost":1,

Increase SF_MetalConversionRate to increase the amount of supplies made, the amount of metal and heavy machinery to consume.
Increasing SF_CorruptedMetal or SF_PristineMetal's value will add to this ConversionRate, so SF_CorruptedMetal makes each Corrupted Nanoforge convert 10% more and SF_PristineMetal will make each Pristine Nanoforge convert 25% more.

deaxsa

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2021, 11:33:46 AM »

"SF_MetalCost":30,
   "SF_HeavyMachineryCost":1,

Increase SF_MetalConversionRate to increase the amount of supplies made, the amount of metal and heavy machinery to consume.
Increasing SF_CorruptedMetal or SF_PristineMetal's value will add to this ConversionRate, so SF_CorruptedMetal makes each Corrupted Nanoforge convert 10% more and SF_PristineMetal will make each Pristine Nanoforge convert 25% more.
I started fiddling with the game and the values halfway through writing the post, so some of the questions I have are answered partway through. I really mostly used this post to write down my thought process and arrive at the conclusions I needed to.

Ok I'm still confused, I feel like I'm not getting something obvious lol. So in one cycle/period, I'm going to consume X metal and Y heavy machinery, and produce Z supplies, right? and X is "SF_MetalCost", and Y is "SF_HeavyMachineryCost", but what determines Z? And is "SF_MetalConversionRate" a multiplier to the cycle rate or the supplies produced?

When I use the config I originally posted, I get 3 supplies per day as base. When I change "SF_MetalConversionRate" from 1 to 10, I get 30 supplies out of it instead of 3 but nothing else changes. Odd but I get it now. Then, add in a corrupted nanoforge and I get 55/2.2/33 which is interesting because I thought that the nanoforges modified "SF_MetalConversionRate" directly (so It'd be like having 10.1 for that value, but this is not the case, as consumption goes up, and it would not if it directly modified that value).

Next, I changed the costs of 50 and 2 to 500 and 20. When I loaded up the game, nothing changed except the thing I changed. Interesting. (We're still making 30 supplies)

Next, I changed the costs of 500 and 20 to 500 and 200. When I loaded up the game, still nothing changed except the thing I changed. Interesting. (We're still making 30 supplies)

TL;DR
So, it looks like supplies produced is equal to 3 times "SF_MetalConversionRate". But why 3? How did 3 happen? Also, in your screenshot you have a nanoforge. And it is increasing the output, but not the input. This is not the case for me. My nanoforges increase output AND input per day. they are not improving the efficiency of the process, only the rate at which the process occurs. Why are your screenshot different?

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2021, 01:17:22 PM »

So, it looks like supplies produced is equal to 3 times "SF_MetalConversionRate". But why 3? How did 3 happen?
Because a supply exactly does. Totally not derived from Fuel Siphoning's original 3 first.

Also, in your screenshot you have a nanoforge. And it is increasing the output, but not the input. This is not the case for me. My nanoforges increase output AND input per day. they are not improving the efficiency of the process, only the rate at which the process occurs. Why are your screenshot different?
Old screenshot. I'll make it in Supply Forging 1.4 you have the option to make nanoforges affect output or input (default they affect both output and input)

GenericGoose

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Supply Forging 1.0
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2021, 01:29:46 PM »

Rather weird considering supplies also consist of rations, clothing and such. Breakfast? Metal. Yum!
Idk, you can go a long time without any supplies and the crew doesn't really starve. Maybe they eat the hull and that's why CR goes down...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6