Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Archean Order v1.3.4 loading fatal error  (Read 1452 times)

Serathina

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Archean Order v1.3.4 loading fatal error
« on: December 21, 2019, 08:21:22 PM »

All versions of Archean Order 1.3.4 fatal error with the same error. Version 1.3.3 works perfectly fine. Errors on fresh install of starsector.
Here is the relevant part of the log:

15304 [Thread-10] ERROR com.fs.graphics.o0oO  - Error loading [graphics/portraits/Male(0).png] resource, not found in [/home/misaki/Games/starsector/./mods/Archean Order TC v1.3.4a,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [graphics/portraits/Male(0).png] resource, not found in [/home/misaki/Games/starsector/./mods/Archean Order TC v1.3.4a,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]
   at com.fs.util.ooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.Object(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.util.ooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.Ô00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.graphics.o0oO.Õ00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.graphics.o0oO.Ø00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.graphics.o0oO$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 08:25:13 PM by Serathina »

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
Re: Archean Order v1.3.4 loading fatal error
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2020, 09:06:15 PM »

My sincerest apologies, I just saw this, unfortunately. :( (I'm not used to bug reports coming here so I'm not in the habit of checking it frequently. It's happening more frequently, though, so I'll try and remedy that in the future.)

Anyway, I'll take a look and see what I messed up. It looks like one of the portrait files didn't upload correctly.

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2020, 11:26:22 PM »

Just so I'm looking in the right spot, did you mean the latest version of 1.3.4- so 1.3.4d? Or the actual original 1.3.4?

*EDIT* Just asking because I'm not getting a crash on a test pc using the latest version. I'll check 1.3.4 as well just in case.

*EDIT 2* Well, turns out that version is no longer downloadable after I a did a little cleaning house of dropbox. However, if you wanted to use 1.3.4 specifically for some reason, you can link me your mod directory and I'll try and fix it and give it back to you.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 12:48:27 AM by Morrokain »

Tess Patton

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2020, 04:43:07 AM »

Hi, I have the same error with v1.3.4d and 0.9.1a only mod is AO.

Note: This error occurs on Linux which has different filesystem. Also note that in my case the expected filename is in lowercase. Case matters with my filesystem.

Where can I download an old version of AO? The links in the forum are broken.

Here the error log:

73862 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/portraits/portrait_diktat01.png (using cast)
73865 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/portraits/portrait_diktat03.png (using cast)
73872 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/portraits/portrait_diktat04.png (using cast)
73879 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/portraits/portrait_diktat07.png (using cast)
74034 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [graphics/portraits/male(0).png] resource, not found in [/home/philipp/starsector/./mods/ArcheanOrderTCv1.3.4d,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [graphics/portraits/male(0).png] resource, not found in [/home/philipp/starsector/./mods/ArcheanOrderTCv1.3.4d,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]
   at com.fs.util.ooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.Object(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.util.ooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.Ô00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader.Ô00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.graphics.null.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
EOF
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 04:52:07 AM by Tess Patton »

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2020, 03:37:15 PM »

Have to be quick but I'll have more time tonight to look into this. Thanks for the operating system info that helps!  ;D

Older versions: Sorry I had to clean out dropbox due to space issues as the mod grows in size. I think the only ones left are the most current, the one just before that, and the one from .8.

Which version in particular did you want? I'll see if I have a backup lying around on my SSD.

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2020, 10:03:07 PM »

Ok got this fixed up, I think.

The player faction file was the culprit. I added it to the main install, so it should make the new update compatible on Linux systems for future downloads.

If you don't want to do a new install, I have provided a hotfix link to the corrected player faction file below. Just replace it in your current mod directory.

*home directory*\Fractal Softwork\Starsector\mods\Archean Order v.1.3.4e\data\world\factions\

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fm5br77z9dr0fyk/AAAsk6ehuJBC6hZyTSZr7Ql1a?dl=0

Tess Patton

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2020, 01:41:16 AM »

Hi thanks for the quick fix. I did fresh install of 1.3.4e and another error com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException occurs.

26185 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/particlealpha32sq.png (using cast)
26309 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.for(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.ÒO0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
26844 [Thread-8] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore  - Class [data.missions.hornetsnest.MissionDefinition] already loaded (perhaps from jar file, or due to a reference from another class), skipping compilation.
28455 [Thread-8] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore  - Class [data.missions.thelasthurrah.MissionDefinition] already loaded (perhaps from jar file, or due to a reference from another class), skipping compilation.
29595 [Thread-8] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore  - Class [data.missions.direstraits.MissionDefinition] already loaded (perhaps from jar file, or due to a reference from another class), skipping compilation.
EOF

HOWEVER if I update 1.3.4d with the player.faction file, Archean Order loads up fine.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 02:16:43 AM by Tess Patton »

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2020, 02:08:34 AM »

Thanks for the update and sorry there is still an error! Was this when the game tried to load or when you attempted to do something like view the codex, etc?

This could be related to the replace array not having the correct separator to effectively replace the necessary files on Linux. That separator seems to be operating system specific. Those types of errors are typically when there is an issue with variant weapon assignments not finding its needed weapon id- since the replaced files aren't being replaced.

Also, just so I can still rule this out, no additional mods installed, correct? I know the first error was an AO only mod list.

If the separator issue is the case, then this thread might help you:

http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=17278.0

Tess Patton

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2020, 02:17:23 AM »

HOWEVER if I update 1.3.4d with the player.faction file, Archean Order loads up fine.

So the new error is logically introduced by 1.3.4e!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 02:20:42 AM by Tess Patton »

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2020, 11:24:46 AM »

Hmm, ok thanks for the new information. I'll try and see what it could be, but the weird thing is afaik no changes were made between those two versions that would cause that error. I must be missing something so I'll look more into it today.