Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: 600+ Gamma cores later  (Read 5089 times)

Locklave

• Admiral
    • View Profile
600+ Gamma cores later
« on: December 21, 2019, 09:08:37 AM »

I decided to do something crazy for fun. I set up my first colony in High threat beacon space with a station still active.

Points of note:
- 100% Vanilla
- Never took a commission, had to make money the hard way
- Allied with the Pirates as soon as I could
- AI controlled fleets with Astral/Paragons are nothing but speed bumps
- Fought over 100 Redacted fleets, can't beat their station yet
- Rank 3 Low Tech Battlestation with a Alpha core is helpless vs even 1 Redacted fleet
- Floating debris EVERYWHERE, wrecked droneships floating around I never have time to loot

What have I learned?
- It's a great way to Farm cores, 600+ gammas, 90 betas, 42 alphas
- Been turning in the Alphas to Tri-Tachyon to continue to fund this madness
- Losing even 1 ship forces a retreat
- Never fight without max CR and full Hull on every ship
- It's a great way to farm sparks, 200+ what's on my fleet
- It's a great way to farm Metals, 56,000 in my colony for shipbuilding
- Having a planet right there in the battlefield means Instant repairs
- I've Mastered kiting to split up enemy fleets so I can fight them 1 vs 1, when 8 are chasing you around you learn of die
- Killing their fleets seems to increase the max number that can spawn (could be wrong)

And the saga continues...

Lucky33

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: 600+ Gamma cores later
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2019, 09:34:01 AM »

The more you kill Redacted, the stronger they get.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2019, 10:42:00 AM »

That would explain the four thicc redacted bois in one fleet I had to fight yesterday in my nex campain. Gotta love having a swarm of Security Override fastbois that can either kite around them no problem or just dogpile on one of them as soon as I see one isolated and give nearby ships the kill order  :)
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

bobucles

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2019, 10:54:52 AM »

I find that stealth works very well against redacted fleets. Ordos don't communicate with each other, so you can skirt the edge of an ordo deathball and aggro one fleet at a time.

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2019, 01:37:37 PM »

What fleet are you using that can kill the huge ordos but not the station? Also, what is the point of allying with pirates? The remnants will kill any fleets that try to raid you. That seems like the main benefit of settling in an active remnants system to me. I've done it in a medium threat system before, and it worked very well for letting me get my defenses set up slowly without worrying about raids.

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2019, 02:20:13 PM »

What fleet are you using that can kill the huge ordos but not the station? Also, what is the point of allying with pirates? The remnants will kill any fleets that try to raid you. That seems like the main benefit of settling in an active remnants system to me. I've done it in a medium threat system before, and it worked very well for letting me get my defenses set up slowly without worrying about raids.
Because remnants will also kill your trading convoys and result in serious trade disruption penalty.
The main industrial colonies would be in other safer regions and that would subject to pirate raiding. Friending pirates not only stop them from any raiding attempt, but also increase your accessibility since it's no longer counted toward hostile faction modifier. It's easy one million per month w/o any usage of AI cores.

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2019, 02:42:02 PM »

What does the extra accessibility actually make you though? If you're making 1 mil/month with +5% accessibility or whatever, your probably making 950k/month without. Doesn't seem all that relevant, you're making more than you can spend either way.

I just used the remnants to handle the first few raids while I get the cash to build max defenses and then I cleared them out when I was ready. It's obviously not a long term defensive strategy (unless you are playing nex where you can get non-hostile with the remnants with some starting options).

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2019, 02:51:24 PM »

welp, that explains a LOT

Tackywheat1

• Commander
  • Paragon is Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2019, 04:55:57 PM »

Wait wait... So if I want to have some big remnant fleets to fight, I just need to constantly farm them?

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2019, 06:00:26 PM »

I don't think thats true? Could be wrong, but I've never noticed any scaling.

bobucles

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2019, 07:03:41 PM »

I don't know how far they scale, but I've been noticing that my red sector has been getting more fleets every time I go in to farm. I haven't touched other yellow and red sectors. The yellow sectors are still just as harmless as the start, and the other red sectors have much smaller fleets than the main farming sector.

Something is definitely happening. Is it related to fleets spawning when you enter a system? I don't know exactly what's going on.

[attachment deleted by admin]

RustyCabbage

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2019, 07:57:54 PM »

You can find the details in RemnantStationFleetManager.java (and to a lesser extent RemnantThemeGenerator.java). In e.g. high danger systems, remnant fleets start with between 64 and 192 fleet points (fp). Every time you kill a redacted fleet in battle, the minimum FP for newly spawned fleets in that system will increase by 32 fp, up to the 192 fp maximum.

Not sure if the bonus decays ever, but that's what I'm parsing from reading it.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2019, 10:59:28 PM »

Fascinating, I never knew that! Thanks!

Plantissue

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2019, 03:49:29 AM »

I never knew that either. The biggest Remnant fleets I've ever encountered is about 350 DP I would guess. How much is 192 FP in DP? Or is it variable since the redacted fleets in my game have variable DP.

Judging from RustyCabbage's information, you only need to kill a redacted fleet 4 times and it's already reached max strength and I have longed reached that in most games. Barely any stronger to be honest.

Lucky33

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2019, 05:01:17 AM »

Radiant is 30 fp.
Brilliant is 16.
Fulgent is 12.
Pages: [1] 2 3