Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [0.95.1a-RC6] Shipless Factions v1.01 - Faction / Portrait mod  (Read 3514 times)

dumbaq

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Shipless Factions + 26 portraits
aka "More Baddies" by dumbaq

Download Shipless Factions v1.01
mod-addon for Nexerelin v0.10.4c . Works with Random Core worlds enabled

Short:
TWO NEW FACTIONS WITH NO NEW SHIPS. ALSO 26 NEW THEMED PORTRAITS!

Longer:
So, ahem. At first i've been making this mod to tweak my own powerplay in sector. But if you ever happen to play your epic Nexerelin setup and just when the things were getting interesting the "Hegemony/TriTachyon Diplomatic Victory" window popped up, then I think you'll like this mod too.
Ofc the best solution to this Diplomatic-Victory-Problem is to download more custom-made factions and plunge the Core Sector into an endless war, but i personally do not enjoy all those fancy pew-pewery ships and weapons that every custom-made-faction-mod includes. I just want to play my old-good vanilla Starsector with vanilla hulls. But with some extras.

Features:
  - Two (for now) almost-lore-friendly factions:
       1. Anti-Hegemony Guerrilla - The military group of deserters and terrorists, seeking justice and revenge on The Hegemony.
       2. Valhalla Wolves - Feral faction that splintered from TriTachyon, which unites former enforcers, fugitive corporats and laid-off clerks into one ferocious swarm.
  - Zero custom hulls.
  - Zero custom fighter wings.
  - Zero custom weapons.
  - Zero custom subsystems.
  - Pack of 26 vanilla-styled portraits (photoshop madskillz)

More info:
Those factions are designed to counteract major powers of the main sector, and they will almost never ally with its own counterpart. In this way they will totally prolongate your epic act of playing Nexerelin. Also they are fun and will diversify your powerplay in the starsector. You can join them and wreak havoc together.
While being a Shiplesstm Factions, they use purely vanilla hulls, subsystems and armaments to achieve their military goals.
  • AHGuerrilla is build mostly around mid-tech, they utilize a small number of worn heavy warships (including XIV) mixed with modified semi-pirate vessels and prefer ballistics and missle weaponry. Their officers are qualified and experienced. They establish hidden spacestations (just like pirates do) to terrorize core systems.
  • Wolves are employing swarm of hi/mid-tech small ships in conjunction with significant amounts of fighter wings. They prefer to use blasters and lasers in combination with hi-tech missles. But anyway, their officers are former clerks, so their skills are quite low.
Also cool portraits!
Spoiler
[close]

Changelog:
Spoiler
Shipless Factions v1.01 (03-04-2022):
  • Tweaked the ability to use all those new photoshoped portraits as player portrait
Shipless Factions v1.0 (02-04-2022):
  • Added Anti-Hegemony Guerrilla fraction with 8 custom portraits and their banners.
  • Added Valhalla Wolves fraction with 18 custom portraits and their banners.
[close]

The author is kazakh, so english is not his primary language. Sry.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2022, 02:50:28 AM by dumbaq »

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a-RC6] Shipless Factions v1.0
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2022, 05:48:02 PM »

Do they work in Non-Random Core Worlds?

I assume they use the same ships as their parent factions?

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2022, 05:59:09 PM »

where da baddies be at

WMGreywind

• Lieutenant
  • The circuit is one. And one is the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2022, 06:05:07 PM »

Talk about some neat looking portraits. Enough of a reason to download this mod on its own.

dumbaq

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2022, 12:24:55 AM »

Do they work in Non-Random Core Worlds?
Sadly this works only with Random Core Worlds enabled. NRCW comparability is going to be implemented soon i guess.

I assume they use the same ships as their parent factions?
Mostly. I have updated the description of the mod regarding this topic but in a short words: Guerrillas are using damaged Hegemony heavy warships with some pirate additions while Wolves are using a hi-tech mix of small ships with lots of fighters.

Justinkid

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a-RC6] Shipless Factions v1.01 - Faction / Portrait mod
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2022, 11:33:56 AM »

Wow those portraits are really good! Could you make more?? Haven't tried the mod yet but I will on my next play-through. How many worlds do each faction get, and are the worlds in existing systems or do they get their new systems as well?

Edit: Oh wait I just realized you said above that the mod only works in random core worlds.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 11:38:56 AM by Justinkid »

Algoul

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a-RC6] Shipless Factions v1.01 - Faction / Portrait mod
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2022, 07:26:50 AM »

Bro, do are more portraits and separate pack of it, it really interesting and nice, especially this feral war marks on face