Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Upgrades to transmitter  (Read 932 times)

Spedwagon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Upgrades to transmitter
« on: December 13, 2019, 12:29:54 PM »

Right now transmitter can only be turned on or off. I think there's a lot of possibilities to expand its potential.

How about impersonating/disguising as citizents of other federations and clans by using your transmitter. It would be possible after you upgrade it by some technology you obtain somehow, I don't have an idea how yet but it is not important at the moment.

Of course it would be illegal and if Patrol Officers finds out during standard inspection it would result in negative consequences.

Goumindong

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Upgrades to transmitter
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2019, 01:21:11 PM »

How would such a thing work that isnt better gameplay wise addressed by going dark?

Is it possible to deaign a system that the player can reasonably interact with as well and so not break verisimilitude? IE if pirates can do this then how does the player deal with it. If pirates cannot do this then how does the game justify it?

I am not sure there are particularly good answers to those questions and so am wary of adding such a feature. Maybe as a one time thing for specific missions. But as a general ability?

Spedwagon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2019, 07:42:03 AM »

Every fraction should be able to use this ability, the thing is, it would be rare and the tech would be hard to obtain.

For example pirates would use it to get close to you and force you to fight with them by that. It makes the game more difficult but so what? I consider it a gear option and mechanic to be in game.

Plantissue

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2019, 07:49:40 AM »

What do you mean by a gear option?

In any case, how do you propose this idea should be implemented?

SonnaBanana

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2019, 08:53:46 AM »

Hmm.... Hegemony/TriTach/Diktat/etc identity codes or something similar named.
Obtained through raids, black market, crooked faction personnel or taken from destroyed/disabled ships.
They decay over time even if they aren't used and being scanned eats through a lot of them.

No need for additional upgrades, just make them perishable.
I'm not going to check but you should feel bad :( - Alex

Spedwagon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2019, 04:39:54 AM »

It does not acually matter how do the devs add this to the game. What matters is that this technology is in game, is balanced and makes sense.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2019, 07:20:48 AM »

It does not acually matter how do the devs add this to the game. What matters is if this technology is in game, is balanced and makes sense.
Fixed that for you.

Also a friendly tip: You tend to get better results when you don't phrase your requests like demands.