Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Return of the Star Wars mod?  (Read 3911 times)

ShadowFox

• Lieutenant
  • Deserve Victory
    • View Profile
Return of the Star Wars mod?
« on: December 09, 2019, 06:49:57 PM »

After a very long vacation from this game, (and many updates later) I have finally recovered my License info and was able to reinstall the game. I have started to dust off the previous version of the Star Wars mod, and will begin examining the files and testing what I need to correct to enable the ships and weapons to function within the current version of the game. I may not be able to do much more than simply get the ships themselves functional, and leave it to someone else to integrate them into the game as a faction or even make this a total conversion.

My time is limited, between my new career and schedule, and the impending birth of my second child in about a month. A daughter, if anyone needs to know haha. Either way, i will be working on this, even though it may be a while before anything is released for use. Idea, comments, etc. are very welcome, and I will be reaching out for assistance with coding at some point, as I was never happy with the shield mechanics. (thanks to LazyWizard, a wonky but workable plugin was created to try and address that issue in a previous version)

Please do not pester me with ETA requests, as I have none to offer. I will post a minimum of weekly updates here as I slowly revive this very ambitious project.
NEVER assume you know more than your enemy.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Star Wars mod?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2019, 12:36:42 AM »

If you don't want to be bugged for release dates, I think making a public post was your first mistake...   ::)

ShadowFox

• Lieutenant
  • Deserve Victory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2019, 11:10:33 AM »

Update #1:

I have found all my floating copies of the mod in its previous state. including a couple unreleased versions. So I have a starting point. The hardest decision will be deciding if I am going to resize and balance for vanilla, or say the hell with it and keep my giant sprites and insane weapons numbers. *Sigh* so much to do

ShadowFox

• Lieutenant
  • Deserve Victory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2019, 06:11:44 PM »

For anyone wishing to assist or add to this project, please visit my Discord

mattmios

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2019, 09:54:16 PM »

Great to hear you are back. THB I liked thr insane weapon numbers, but just go the way, that works for you ... Archean Order strikes a good balance there IMHO

Cheers

ShadowFox

• Lieutenant
  • Deserve Victory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2020, 04:28:06 AM »

Finally got all the old files organized so I can start rebuilding. I have some free time finally. Taking a couple weeks off from work due to the impending birth of my daughter, so until that even happens, I have time to actually work on the mod in depth. Hopefully an alpha version will be available by the end of the week.

Shurikata

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2020, 03:58:43 AM »

I've been playing Starsector like crazy lately and was thinking how cool it would be to create Star Wars universe as a mod... spaceships included. Then I found that someone already had a similar idea.
As you, I also enjoy live with two offspring and time runs scarce... but always look for a cool challenge.
I'm completely clueless on how to mod this game but I'm up for it if you need a pair of hands...

Regards!