Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Domain-era Cryosleeper not found  (Read 4162 times)

n3xuiz

• Commander
    • View Profile
Domain-era Cryosleeper not found
« on: December 03, 2019, 05:43:33 AM »

i just finished surveying all systems in my sector. i went to all planets and to all sensor signals. checked every domain probe. the whole time i had the reveal console command on giving me ~2Mio. Detect Range.

i didn't find any Domain-era Cryosleepers. not the two i was promised. none.

my modlist (in case any interfere):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r45pnbsshvkt8p9/starsector_mods.png?dl=0

is there anything that can be done, except re-exploring all systems? a console command to point me to them? this is my sixth run and i've never come across a cryoship. its one of the few pieces of content i have not experienced..

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Domain-era Cryosleeper not found
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 05:54:24 AM »

Enable devmode (i.e. "devmode" command) and open the star map. Systems with green names are the ones that contain cryosleepers. Be aware that you have to find them in those systems, too. Or you can press CTRL+Z for infinite sensor range while in those systems and spot them instantly... Though remember to turn it off later.

n3xuiz

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 05:59:34 AM »

nice! i'll do that.

thank you.

/edit: i did as you said but no systems showed a green name (or a green x). i guess one of the mods causes a conflict. i'll disable them all and start a new vanilla run to quickly find them.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 06:11:42 AM by n3xuiz »

Vind

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2019, 06:55:25 AM »

Sometimes ship just not present. In my last two games with unmodded vanilla i got zero cryo sleepers. On the other hand i was playing with new randomized start so maybe this affect ship spawn somehow.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2019, 07:54:47 AM »

Hmm. Looking at the code, the only way it should be possible for a cryosleeper not to spawn is if none of the "domain derelict" themed systems (i.e. ones with domain probes, survey ships, and the mothership) have one of 1) a habitable planet or 2) at least 3 planets.

That seems super unlikely, right? ... ahhh, I see. It's only checking one star system in each constellation picked for the derelict theme - the "main" one - so that cuts down on the list of systems checked significantly. Let me fix this up.

n3xuiz

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2019, 09:15:43 AM »

strange. several hours after i activated (and then deactivated) the devmode two systems did indeed light up as green and i have two cryoships. maybe it just didn't register right away. at any rate i can now complete this part of the game and also colonize a planet and build the cryo-revival building.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2019, 09:18:12 AM »

Just devMode isn't enough - you need to press ctrl-z while in devMode (to toggle off sensors) and then make sure names are turned on on the map, then you'll see everything be color-coded.

JaronK

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2019, 06:28:18 PM »

I got a cryosleeper in my game, but sadly it was in a nebula where the best thing I could get was a gas giant with some volatiles.  Rather disappointing.

Killjoymcpuppykicker

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2019, 12:36:54 AM »

I've never seen one in a system I'd get mixed up with. Given the rarity of the sleepers, and the rarity of systems I'd want. I suspect those particular stars won't be lining up for me.

Oh well, I bet they're filled with genetically engineered megalomaniacs.