Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [help] so I'm making my own mod, and starsector crashes with a fatal null error  (Read 1283 times)

ScalyChimp

• Ensign
    • View Profile

So I'm making a mod which consist of one ship and all the needed files(I'm using the tutorial on the starsector wiki)
And once I'm done I try loading up selecting the and running the mod but it loads a tiny bit and immediately crashes with a fatal null error and I check the log this is the  errors I can find: 
Spoiler
Code
18948 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpecLoader.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpreadsheetLoader.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.ÒO0000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpreadsheetLoader  - Ship hull spec [flare] not found in ship_data.csv
9816 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpreadsheetLoader  - Ship hull spec [module_hightech_decor] not found in ship_data.csv
[close]
I'm quite sure the error has something to do with how I've formatted the .CSV file (I'm using Excel) because I looked at another mod ship.csv with notepad++ and it looked quite different.
I might be wrong though...
I would appreciate any input or Tips on starting to mod starsector

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile

So according to the error, you have a .ship file called 'flare', which is not in ship_data.csv.

Also a .ship file called module_hightech_decor does not have a line in ship_data.csv.

Now, from what I can gather, you copy and pasted a line in the .csv called "module_hightech_decor" - at least, that is what it is called in the id column of the ship_data.csv, and set it up for a ship called 'flare'. So I think what you have to do is change the 'id' column to 'flare'.

Just make sure that's what has happened; check the line corresponding to your ship first to make sure this is so. What worries me is the fact that "module_hightech_decor" isn't a real ship, but a module, and not one I'm sure is 'real' so to speak. Just check the 'tags' and 'hints' column of your ship in the ship_data.csv and make sure it's the same as other ships and not modules.

Some random guy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpreadsheetLoader  - Ship hull spec [flare] not found in ship_data.csv
make sure the ship id in the id column matches the ship id in the .ship file (letter by litter including capitalization)

ScalyChimp

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I looked around and asked some people on the the discord and I solved the problem, it was some badly-labelled files