Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Galaxy Tigers faction (v1.4.4) - Not The End Yet  (Read 81165 times)

KnightOfTigers

• Ensign
  • The Tiger lover
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Galaxy Tigers faction (v1.4.4) - Not The End Yet
« Reply #75 on: July 22, 2020, 08:46:06 AM »

I noticed today that the right front gun on the Cebherd renders below the Medium missile mount, which looks weird as it seems like the gun turret should be above the missiles?

Good call. Just investigated what you reported and you're right. I'll fix this for the next update. Nothing to worry about though as this is just a graphical problem and it won't affect actual gameplay.

Mr_8000

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 02, 2020, 04:51:11 AM »

I've noticed what appears to be an issue with the reinforcer. At first I thought it was just coincidence, but a recent twitch stream confirmed my suspicions. Something about that ship (maybe their death?) causes significant fps issues until the battle ends. You can see this at about 2:50:00 in the stream. Several reinforcers are killed, with each kill performance becomes worse. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/728384976?t=2h50m00s

KnightOfTigers

• Ensign
  • The Tiger lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 02, 2020, 10:19:45 PM »

Might be right on this one. I've checked the part of the livestream you linked and from the looks the fps drop doesn't seem to be linked to the Reinforcer's system, but as you said to their death. I don't know why it would happen on their death since no script is supposed to be activated when they die.
Thanks for reporting this issue!

Edit : I checked the livestream once more and I saw that one of the Sanctums had Bristol wings but in the most recent GT versions the automated GT vessels can't mount crewed fighters. Is the streamer's GT up to date?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 01:09:26 AM by KnightOfTigers »

Mr_8000

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2020, 03:42:47 AM »

I can confirm he's on v1.4.4

KnightOfTigers

• Ensign
  • The Tiger lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2020, 05:40:34 AM »

I can confirm he's on v1.4.4

Good to know. I guess I'll have to check this too but I think that this may be because of the game's autofit. As of now it does some funky stuff sometimes.

Nicegye00

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 15, 2021, 06:39:42 PM »

Out of curiosity is this gonna be getting an update for .95 soon or has this melted into the abyss? It's fine if it poofed but I really enjoyed this mod and the aesthetic it gave off and after looking at the interestingly short comment section I was surprised no one's said anything as of recently.

Lerzan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 16, 2021, 04:23:54 AM »

Definitely one I have been watching as well for an update, I just always feel bad about asking if it will happen. This is a great mod that I very much enjoyed having active!.

Nicegye00

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 22, 2021, 09:14:52 PM »

Damn still hoping this'll get an update at some point. This one stuck out plenty due to using a custom half and half automated AI faction that Actually encouraged the existence of AI rather than every other faction mod I see where either they're so immersed in the message of Ludd or think their faction should be heavy on the fluff of being self anointed hegemony rip offs with more civil atrocities to boot.

Hopefully at some point the creator revisits the sector so we can get this glorious one updated to the modern platform as this was indeed one of the favorites of mine.

Master Troano

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2021, 04:33:23 PM »

The AI-controlled ships are really interesting. I also hope to see an update for this faction.

GaryVary

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 30, 2021, 04:35:54 AM »

Heck, I registered on this forum just to tell that I miss this mod.
I hope that the developer hasn't abandoned the mod.

GaryVary

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 10, 2021, 01:13:17 PM »

Well, today I found some time to dig in src files. I hope the author will not be angry that I tried to port his mod to the [0.95a] version.
Here is a link to the ported version of this mod https://github.com/GaryVary/The-Galaxy-Tigers/releases/download/1.0.0/Galaxy.Tigers.Faction.7z.

GTModPlugin.java class was updated with the actual skills.
Faction files was updated with the actual skills.
Galaxy tigers automated ships now require Automated Ships skill, I'll try to find or implement alternative hullmod later, for now you can download this mod https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=20203.0 and adjust max deployment value for automated ships.

I have hardly tested this port, if someone will find errors, try to post exception text and (if possible) reproduction steps. I will try to fix them, but I will not promise anything because this is my first experience with modding.

Now I will try to find/implement a hullmod that will not require this skill.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 02:57:04 PM by GaryVary »

GaryVary

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 10, 2021, 02:48:18 PM »

Okay, I found "galaxytigers_automated" hullmod which was installed on automated hulls in previous versions of this mod.
Here is version with the "galaxytigers_automated" hullmod instead of "automated".
https://github.com/GaryVary/The-Galaxy-Tigers/releases/download/1.0.1/Galaxy.Tigers.Faction.7z
You no longer need "Automated Ships" skill.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 12:03:13 AM by GaryVary »

GaryVary

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 04:14:53 AM by GaryVary »

Nicegye00

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 29, 2021, 06:14:36 PM »

Gary my mate, thank you very much for this. Along side the "red" mod having automated ship I needed another faction that uses ships in this form and you mate have made my dreams come true. I was already in a run but I can restart just for this bliss of a mod as the galaxy tiger's just hit different mate.

Since I doubt too much outside of bare bones is implimented I won't test my limits with this mod but I most certainly love that this got it's needed update even if the original author is off in another dimension. If you can I'd recommend just uploading as an independent mod all together and keep in touch with the OG mod author if they reappear as a mixed automated faction is just bliss on my heart mate.

1U44

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 30, 2022, 11:50:30 AM »

can only hope this mod sees a revival, those droneships look really fun
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7