Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] LowTech Armada  (Read 47503 times)

YuiTheModder

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] LowTech Armada
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2020, 02:10:46 PM »

The new station with unique music is cool and all but according to the Nexerelin thread hyperspace stations cause massive slowdowns.
I suggest doing what Nexerelin did to Prism Freeport.

Also, you forgot to include the JAR file.

For now, there is no Jar file. I prefer not to package just yet as so little of the mod requires javascript. You should find it works just fine without.

Neither me nor the people who beta tested the mod in regular campaigns with mods enabled had any issues with slowdown due to the new secret station. We each have computers with different specs, and run the mod with many others enabled, if you're experiencing slowdown due to the mod please let me know, though I understand Histidine left it open for players to put the Prism Freeport station back in hyperspace if they prefered that stylistic choice, so I would personally infer that the slowdown is not much more severe that just a regular station. There are only 3 of us testing though, so I'm waiting for more user feedback on that front.

I'll keep an eye out for it  :), thank you so much for your feedback.

A.z.s

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2020, 04:33:22 PM »

Sorry to trouble you again :'(, is the download link the latest patch? It seems that the modules of EpattcudX can still have TSC Converted hangar/Makeshift Shield(and then omni shield generator) installed.

YuiTheModder

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2020, 02:54:08 PM »

Sorry to trouble you again :'(, is the download link the latest patch? It seems that the modules of EpattcudX can still have TSC Converted hangar/Makeshift Shield(and then omni shield generator) installed.

Really? I'll take a look, I've been using magic to make hullmods incompatible.

italose

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2020, 01:59:35 PM »

? any solution ?

YuiTheModder

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2020, 06:20:54 AM »

TSC's Converted Hangar is now fixed to not be compatible on the ship, but I will need to test the shield hullmods.

NaitNait

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2020, 03:37:58 PM »

Noticed the Tech Duinn station has a huge performance impact when it gets drawn. The letters of the station are visible on the map and easily found if that is unintended :P

diegoone96

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2020, 04:05:30 PM »

First of all, a big fan of your mod, especially with the secret Tech Duinn station.
I do want to report that when Tech Duinn is captured and the Hegemony targets it for an AI inspection, the game crashes. I recall this had happened with the Free Prism port and was fixed but I am not sure how. Here is the link I found with the same data error (http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=15497.0).

A.z.s

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2020, 08:19:22 AM »

Hi Yui, some short feedback:

EpattcudVI performed quite well in the battle with its 1000 flux dissipation, 1750 armor, 3 forward large ballistic weapons and 2 hangars, for only 35 DP. That seems not very 'Scrapship' ;).

The turn rate and turn acceleration of EpattcudX is 1;0.5. That's...horrible. With player's skill and all possible hullmods, I still spend most of my time on turning the ship, to try to aim the enemy for TPC and Burndrive. I really love this ship but I can hardly say that it was a pleasant combat experience. (Compared with SWP Cathedral 3;3, HMI Locomotive 3;3, Scalartech Gown 5;5). Or on the other hand, maybe just extend its PPT, since it has 100 DP.

Thanks and keep your good work!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]