Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: AI fleet supply rating.  (Read 939 times)

SonnaBanana

• Admiral
    • View Profile
AI fleet supply rating.
« on: November 27, 2019, 12:00:24 AM »

Instead of making every AI fleet keep track of supply numbers, just give them a rating from. The supply rating number scale is the same as fleet size scale; if the supply rating of a fleet is less than it's fleet size number, that fleet has a maximum CR limit.

Fleets with higher supply ratings have more tankers and freighters.
Supply rating should affect how much salvage a player can get from an AI fleet.
I'm not going to check but you should feel bad :( - Alex

Plantissue

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: AI fleet supply rating.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2019, 12:00:33 PM »

You probably want to reword everything so it makes some sort of coherent sense.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 10:58:36 AM »

Lets keep things constructive and non-hostile. Plantissue, you have a PM.

I believe there is already some logic that makes tankers/freighters, or at least hybrids, spawn in fleets, but I agree that its strange that enemy fleets in deep space have very few or no logistics ships, so I think it could be tweaked.

I like the idea of under-logistics enemy fleets having a CR penalty, but I'm not sure if it would work out in practice, as currently we have no way of attacking logistics elements of fleets without going through the combat ships first. So in practice we'd only see the penalty to CR if we'd already smashed an AI fleet badly enough that we could attack its logistics. If there was a way of 'raiding' enemies and getting to the back lines though, this would be cool!

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2019, 11:17:48 AM »

He literally said the suggestion was badly worded and asked OP to rewrite it... how the hell is that hostile??? I also saw this post couple of days ago and couldn't understand what the actual suggestion was after reading it 5 times. I didn't respond anything since it's not something super interesting to me but if it was I'd have also said ''Please make some sense out of this''. Feels like I'm in a weird fever dream.

EDIT: Thaago in a nutshell: YOU GET A PM AND YOU GET A PM, EVERYONE GETS A PM. I know I'm joking but seriously it's getting ridiculous seeing blue text in every second thread. Chill lads.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 11:25:51 AM by Grievous69 »
Please don't take me too seriously.

Goumindong

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2019, 11:24:59 AM »

He literally said the suggestion was badly worded and asked OP to rewrite it... how the hell is that hostile???

Because it was worded in a hostile manner.

It could have been written "I don't understand what you're trying to say, could you reword it?"

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2019, 11:26:57 AM »

Because it was worded in a hostile manner.
I feel like I'm using a different form of English than most people here... Weird

"I don't understand what you're trying to say, could you reword it?"
This sounds like a bot or some PR person avoiding a minefield.

EDIT: Can people just try to look at everything from a best possible perspective instead of hand picking words and accusing everyone?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 11:32:50 AM by Grievous69 »
Please don't take me too seriously.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2019, 11:32:54 AM »

1) Publicly discussing moderation decisions is against the forum rules, so please don't. If you feel like you must say something, please use a PM.

2) I mean, there are different ways of saying the same thing that come across very differently. "Please make some sense out of this" is different from "reword everything so it makes some sort of coherent sense" and less hostile (and probably wouldn't get a warning, unless it was part of a larger pattern); "I don't understand what you're trying to say, could you reword it?" is imo pretty much ideal.

You're also not privy to the full picture, and I don't want to discuss the details in public because that's not fair to the people involved. This is one of the main reasons for the rule against discussing moderation decisions in public.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 11:40:07 AM by Alex »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2019, 11:39:25 AM »

EDIT: Thaago in a nutshell: YOU GET A PM AND YOU GET A PM, EVERYONE GETS A PM. I know I'm joking but seriously it's getting ridiculous seeing blue text in every second thread. Chill lads.

I'll just say, this has my full support. It's very much needed and long overdue. Going to let this slide in this thread, but please be aware the further public discussion of moderator decisions, moderation, etc, will result in a warning.