Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 42

Author Topic: [0.96a] Adjusted Sector  (Read 409054 times)

wtftucker

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Adjusted Sector
« Reply #150 on: June 04, 2020, 11:19:28 AM »

Empty of domain era "xxxxxx" stuff, but can still be full of planets with ruins, research/mining/orbital stations/bases, derelict ships etc.  Otherwise yes you in theory could spend the first year exploring, never need to return to the core worlds due to the sheer number of domain probes, survey ships, etc. 

Also correct on the 'about half the default values' for ruins, etc from the original file.  In going for that 60% threshold however I think it perfectly acceptable to narrow the ranges however so that on the opposite end of the spectrum (all rolls somehow roll on the lowest possible value) that you aren't left with 500 vanilla systems.  Maybe worst case scenario you have 40% filled with SAD,BB, Rem, Derelict, etc & on high end 60%.  If this all makes sense?  Then its just up to your personal preference... would you rather it by a 30% to 70% spread?  Adjsut numbers accordingly.  Their isn't a right way as everyone plays the game different and finds fun in different things. 

« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 11:25:08 AM by wtftucker »

Hyperversum

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 02, 2020, 08:42:12 AM »

Hi everyone, let me say as a premise that I know it's a silly question and probably someone else already brought it up but better ask if there is a better solution that came up.

I was tweaking the values of the mod (doing my 2nd playthrough with mods after issues with my pc left me without the saves) to make it work for my hardware and I found something that works for me but... there is any good way to make survey missions not spawn at the edge of the map?
I mean, I get that by increasing the size of the map I am basically asking for it, but it makes them impossible to do in early game.

Nerzhull_AI

• Commander
  • Do you exist in your dreams?
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 04, 2020, 08:40:55 AM »

Hi everyone, let me say as a premise that I know it's a silly question and probably someone else already brought it up but better ask if there is a better solution that came up.

I was tweaking the values of the mod (doing my 2nd playthrough with mods after issues with my pc left me without the saves) to make it work for my hardware and I found something that works for me but... there is any good way to make survey missions not spawn at the edge of the map?
I mean, I get that by increasing the size of the map I am basically asking for it, but it makes them impossible to do in early game.
Nope. Survey missions just spawn this way, no matter the size of the sector.
Maybe i'll tinker with such things and update mod in future - right now i just don't have any time to spare.

Aldazar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 02, 2020, 02:24:07 PM »

My math is bad but I have a super powerful pc what settings should I have for 600-1000 stars. Will default be fine?

NephilimNexus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 09, 2020, 09:10:17 PM »

Any way to edit neutron stars out of the game in map generation?  I hate those things.

Unnamed_Shadow

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 12, 2020, 07:33:42 PM »

My math is bad but I have a super powerful pc what settings should I have for 600-1000 stars. Will default be fine?

Apparently even superpowerful PCs will struggle with anything above 300.

In fact the mod creator recommends 300 for the ones with Powerful PCs.

Also remember the number is not stars, its constellations.  So you do get 1000+ stars with the base settings the mod comes with. Since it adds 300 constellations, and its rare to see a constellation with less than 3 stars.

Nerzhull_AI

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 13, 2020, 08:35:20 AM »

Apparently even superpowerful PCs will struggle with anything above 300.

In fact the mod creator recommends 300 for the ones with Powerful PCs.

Also remember the number is not stars, its constellations.  So you do get 1000+ stars with the base settings the mod comes with. Since it adds 300 constellations, and its rare to see a constellation with less than 3 stars.
Exactly.
300 is just a point i've calculated based on my tests - after that it's virtually unplayable just due to frame drops and loading time.
I think java just isn't supposed to take such load as this - no matter how good your PC is, the strain increases exponentially.

Nerzhull_AI

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 13, 2020, 08:37:21 AM »

Any way to edit neutron stars out of the game in map generation?  I hate those things.
iirc the "age" of sector directly responds to how often you will find those in your game.

Burminsky

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 16, 2020, 04:24:37 AM »

Comrades, I have a problem. The settings are like this -
"sectorWidth": 165000,
"sectorHeight": 140000,
"AdjustedSectorConstellationCount": 150,
"AdjustedSectorConstellationSize": 1000,
"AdjustedSectorConstellationCellSize": 12,
"sectorConstellationRemnantMin": 75,
"sectorConstellationRemnantMax": 150,
"sectorConstellationRemnantSkipProb": 0,
"sectorConstellationRuinsMin": 50,
"sectorConstellationRuinsMax": 80,
"sectorDerelictMotherships": 5,
"sectorDerelictCryosleepers": 8,

I did not touch all the other settings, but the problem is that there is no Remnant faction on the map at all, not a single signal.
Mods:
CaptureCrew
Terraforming and Station Construction

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 16, 2020, 05:48:23 AM »

Never encountered this by myself, but heard from other users.

"sectorConstellationRemnantMax": 150, + "sectorConstellationRuinsMax": 80, = 230 could be bigger than "AdjustedSectorConstellationCount": 150,

Plus, those mothersips eats some star systems for their theme ~5 each.

Make all values together never exceed AdjustedSectorConstellationCount.

Could be wrong, as do not use this mod. Those are mostly random gossips.

EDIT: I would recommend to use console commands to check if newly generated sector satisfied your demands before actual playing.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 05:51:45 AM by Mondaymonkey »
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

Burminsky

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 16, 2020, 06:33:45 AM »

Ok, thanks, I'll try.

Seleukus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 19, 2020, 04:57:02 AM »

Hi, can someone please suggest me a set of settings that make the sector "denser", with more stars, ruins, cryosleepers, etc, without being bigger (height/width)? I don't like traveling very long distances to kill bounties. I'm afraid of changing the values, screwing it up and only noticing the problem hours and hours into the campaign.

Unnamed_Shadow

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 19, 2020, 03:34:28 PM »

Hi, can someone please suggest me a set of settings that make the sector "denser", with more stars, ruins, cryosleepers, etc, without being bigger (height/width)? I don't like traveling very long distances to kill bounties. I'm afraid of changing the values, screwing it up and only noticing the problem hours and hours into the campaign.

You need to edit AdjustedSectorConstellationCellSize.

Vanilla is 10. The lower the number, the more stars each constellation will have.

Star Lord

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 21, 2020, 05:29:34 PM »

Vanilla is 10. The lower the number, the more stars each constellation will have.

I'm also having this issue. A lot of the bounties seem to spawn towards the edge of the galaxy map. It's not like there's a "shortage" of stars for bounties to spawn around. Will further increasing the number of stars influence where the bounties spawn?

Nerzhull_AI

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 22, 2020, 02:57:44 PM »

I'm also having this issue. A lot of the bounties seem to spawn towards the edge of the galaxy map. It's not like there's a "shortage" of stars for bounties to spawn around. Will further increasing the number of stars influence where the bounties spawn?
Bounties just tend to spawn this way. I don't think this will change anything, as far as i'm aware after hours of different playthroughs.
You can edit down SIZE of the sector, but make more stars - this should at least partially negate such problem.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 42