Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 42

Author Topic: [0.96a] Adjusted Sector  (Read 408841 times)

omegasrevenge

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Adjusted Sector
« Reply #120 on: April 12, 2020, 01:41:20 AM »

Is there a way to increase the density of ruins? So that when ruins do spawn in a constellation, that we can guarantee that at least 50 ruins will spawn in that constellation. If not, would it be possible for you to add that functionality?
I have a hard time trying to understand what exactly you mean, since ruins in context of starsector can mean several things. Can you elaborate?
Number of Derelict Probes, Derelict Ships, Research Stations, Mining Stations, Habitat Stations, etc. per constellation. I had edited the settings file in the mod so every constellation had such "ruins" yet sometimes found only 2 probes per constellation after looking for a long time. I wanted to increase the density so its super likely to get like 5 Stations per constellation.

Nerzhull_AI

• Commander
  • Do you exist in your dreams?
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 12, 2020, 01:28:59 PM »

Is there a way to increase the density of ruins? So that when ruins do spawn in a constellation, that we can guarantee that at least 50 ruins will spawn in that constellation. If not, would it be possible for you to add that functionality?
I have a hard time trying to understand what exactly you mean, since ruins in context of starsector can mean several things. Can you elaborate?
Number of Derelict Probes, Derelict Ships, Research Stations, Mining Stations, Habitat Stations, etc. per constellation. I had edited the settings file in the mod so every constellation had such "ruins" yet sometimes found only 2 probes per constellation after looking for a long time. I wanted to increase the density so its super likely to get like 5 Stations per constellation.
I already see where your problem is, but i still need your version of settings.json to help you fix it.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 04:34:43 PM by Nerzhull_AI »

Mr. Biggles

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 14, 2020, 07:20:28 PM »

Hey can anyone tell me what random number of arcs does? I tried to find it on my own but don't see anything on it anywhere. Thank you.

mathyou

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 24, 2020, 11:33:56 PM »

When I use the default settings, it seems like all the remnant systems are clustered in the middle of the map: https://imgur.com/a/dU2pZjE This seems consistent across a bunch of new games. Is there something in the config that can adjust that? I've experimented with the numbers and tried maybe 20 variations, but I haven't found a way to change this. To be clear, I don't want them to avoid the core entirely; I'm just lookingfor a more even distribution.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 11:21:55 AM by mathyou »

Nerzhull_AI

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 25, 2020, 03:55:33 PM »

When I use the default settings, it seems like all the remnant systems are clustered in the middle of the map: https://imgur.com/a/dU2pZjE This seems consistent across a bunch of new games. Is there something in the config that can adjust that? I've experimented with the numbers and tried maybe 20 variations, but I haven't found a way to change this. To be clear, I don't want them to avoid the core entirely; I'm just lookingfor a more even distribution.
No, at least not yet. It's just how default game spreads remnant systems.

mathyou

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 25, 2020, 05:26:19 PM »

When using the default settings from the mod (and with a ratio of them scaled down with sector size), I seem to find tons of derelict probes but very few (many none at all; I certainly don't remember finding any) mining platforms or research stations. Is anyone else seeing that behavior? Is there something I can adjust to change this?

Xeno056

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 28, 2020, 05:30:37 PM »

I also have been seeing an abundance of Domain era probes. Does it have anything to do with me setting number of motherships to 128? Or do probes count as ruins? I'll grab the json if it'll help, it's just on my other computer.

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 28, 2020, 07:11:43 PM »

IIRC, motherships spawn a fixed number of survey ships and probes per mothership (exactly how many I'd have to check), so, you're probably getting 3-5 probes per survey ship and 2-3 survey ships per mothership. They'll be everywhere.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 12:01:46 AM by Harmful Mechanic »

Xeno056

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 28, 2020, 09:00:31 PM »

IIRC, motherships spawn a fixed number of survey ships and probes per mothership (exactly how many I'd have to check), so, you're probably getting 35-probes per survey ship and 2-3 survey ships per mothership. They'll be everywhere.

Honestly it's to the point were all the analysis missions are for domain era probes and nearly nothing else. They spawn were orbital stations and research stations do, and it seems to displace other [REDACTED] from spawning with any consistency. If it weren't for the ruins I'd be SOL blueprint wise.

That said, I know for next time. The mod is fantastic.

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 29, 2020, 12:01:24 AM »

I'm not the mod's developer; you want to thank Nerzhull_AI for that. I just spent a lot of time staring at procgen scripts over the last few years.

Xeno056

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 29, 2020, 09:44:31 AM »

I'm not the mod's developer; you want to thank Nerzhull_AI for that. I just spent a lot of time staring at procgen scripts over the last few years.

I realize, just speaking generally. Since you know about the procgen though, would there be any way to tone down the number of probes per mothership for future playthroughs?

Nerzhull_AI

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 30, 2020, 06:33:31 AM »

IIRC, motherships spawn a fixed number of survey ships and probes per mothership (exactly how many I'd have to check), so, you're probably getting 35-probes per survey ship and 2-3 survey ships per mothership. They'll be everywhere.

Honestly it's to the point were all the analysis missions are for domain era probes and nearly nothing else. They spawn were orbital stations and research stations do, and it seems to displace other [REDACTED] from spawning with any consistency. If it weren't for the ruins I'd be SOL blueprint wise.

That said, I know for next time. The mod is fantastic.
One mothership equals about 4-5 worlds related to "Derelict" theme. If you want to see more stations and less probs - tune down the number of motherships, and tune up the min/max values for "Ruins" theme.

Xeno056

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 30, 2020, 09:22:27 AM »

One mothership equals about 4-5 worlds related to "Derelict" theme. If you want to see more stations and less probs - tune down the number of motherships, and tune up the min/max values for "Ruins" theme.

128*4 = >300 systems I set. Oh boy.

Began to figure that was the case, probably turn up ruins to 500-1000  next time, with more Remnants. Additionally, thank you for making such a comprehensive sector customization mod. Guys like you churning out new ways to explore the sector and ruin (almost) everything are what keep me coming back to this game.

Nerzhull_AI

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 30, 2020, 11:26:24 AM »

128*4 = >300 systems I set. Oh boy.

Began to figure that was the case, probably turn up ruins to 500-1000  next time, with more Remnants. Additionally, thank you for making such a comprehensive sector customization mod. Guys like you churning out new ways to explore the sector and ruin (almost) everything are what keep me coming back to this game.
I have a feeling that you got something terrible in your settings.
You see, for it to work, your constellation count should equal the sum of all your "themed MAX" values.
So, if you, for example, have a 300 constellations count, you can set mothership number to 10, ruins min/max to 120/150 and remnant min/max to 90/100 - you will get a decent sector. Otherwise, if any values is greater or equal to constellation count, it just replaces or other themes in such way:
Derelict > Ruins > Remnant.

Xeno056

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 01, 2020, 07:53:41 AM »

I have a feeling that you got something terrible in your settings.
You see, for it to work, your constellation count should equal the sum of all your "themed MAX" values.
So, if you, for example, have a 300 constellations count, you can set mothership number to 10, ruins min/max to 120/150 and remnant min/max to 90/100 - you will get a decent sector. Otherwise, if any values is greater or equal to constellation count, it just replaces or other themes in such way:
Derelict > Ruins > Remnant.

Okay that makes more sense. I figured it was total ruin encounters rather than themed systems. Shows what I know about procgen I guess. Thanks Nerzhull.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 42