Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 397 398 [399]

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3052390 times)

Malstryx

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)
« Reply #5970 on: April 19, 2024, 09:25:26 AM »

Ah, thanks for the reply. What I mean is the faction list when you press F3 and go to the faction tab. In my game it currently shows the factions I have enabled, with info on known allies, known enemies, and reputation level between the factions. I was wondering when the player creates a colony and chooses a faction name and flag, is there a way for the player faction to also show up on this list. It's more an immersion thing and not really a big deal, but was just curious.

robepriority

• Captain
  • robepriority#2626
    • View Profile
« Reply #5971 on: April 19, 2024, 04:42:31 PM »

Relatively new to Starsector, loving the game and this mod - have had a few very fun playthroughs already.

Quick question, is there a way to allow the player created faction show up on the faction list? I thought I saw someone explain how to do this in a thread somewhere, but for the life of me can't remember which thread it was.

Thanks in advance.

If you mean as a starting option, I think own faction is an option that starts you with a planet. Due to Colony Crises this is slightly harder than before

ayylmao4lulz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5972 on: April 19, 2024, 06:14:35 PM »

I'm encountering an issue with "find pirate base" - I've had operatives complete the operation many times, but it always finishes with no notification, and no intel. I can then have them immediately "find pirate base" again - it's as if the operation doesn't complete for some reason. Any insight?

Seamus Donohue

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5973 on: April 19, 2024, 09:23:17 PM »

I've noticed that when visiting a Luddic Shrine, if a novice approaches me and I select the "I'm a strong supporter of AI rights" option, Nexerelin increments the Sarcastic ethos by 1 (found in the "Personal info" panel).  Shouldn't this instead increment the Pro-AI ethos?
Polyvessel Pilot, Capsule Cleared

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #5974 on: April 21, 2024, 06:47:42 PM »

Ah, thanks for the reply. What I mean is the faction list when you press F3 and go to the faction tab. In my game it currently shows the factions I have enabled, with info on known allies, known enemies, and reputation level between the factions. I was wondering when the player creates a colony and chooses a faction name and flag, is there a way for the player faction to also show up on this list. It's more an immersion thing and not really a big deal, but was just curious.
Copypaste into console, should do the trick: runcode Global.getSector().getPlayerFaction().setShowInIntelTab(true);

I'm encountering an issue with "find pirate base" - I've had operatives complete the operation many times, but it always finishes with no notification, and no intel. I can then have them immediately "find pirate base" again - it's as if the operation doesn't complete for some reason. Any insight?
Is this with a base near a player colony generating Colony Crises contribution? That case might be buggy, I'll try to test.
(For now you'll just have to find the base yourself by going into the bar; or check the crisis intel or Pirates tab in intel in case the location is already known)

I've noticed that when visiting a Luddic Shrine, if a novice approaches me and I select the "I'm a strong supporter of AI rights" option, Nexerelin increments the Sarcastic ethos by 1 (found in the "Personal info" panel).  Shouldn't this instead increment the Pro-AI ethos?
Well that's a question for David; the vanilla dialog sets the ethos, Nex just displays them in a neat table :)
I'll note that the rules.csv row for that dialog option has ID lppHookResponseTroll, the presumed implication being that the player character is doing it to bother the novice when they haven't even said anything yet.

Audax

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5975 on: April 24, 2024, 04:36:00 AM »

Does planetary operations stats from tactical drills affect nex invasions??

EDIT: got the answer from Histidine in discord Histidine said it affects it
« Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 04:40:32 AM by Audax »

Seamus Donohue

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5976 on: April 24, 2024, 05:24:53 AM »

...the presumed implication being that the player character is doing it to bother the novice when they haven't even said anything yet.
I see.  So, the fact that I am a strong supporter of AI rights is entirely beside the point.  Got it, thanks!  :P
Polyvessel Pilot, Capsule Cleared

doujinftw96

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5977 on: April 24, 2024, 10:43:07 PM »

kinda weird how even when im ally with a faction like Tritechyon i still have to deal  with their merc raid or im ally with sindrian diktat they send attacks to me, their own ally just because i build a fuel station because my sector keep loosing fuel to pirate raiders, what kind of an alliance is this?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 10:45:42 PM by doujinftw96 »

Define Reality

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Greetings!

I was scouring over the github Quick Help page and the main page for the mod here, but couldn't find anything with an explanation for the "independent mode" setting for Special Task Groups.

I've toggled it on and off, but I can't tell what difference it's having on the behavior of the Task Group fleet. Hovering the option doesn't give a tooltip either, so I'm at a loss as to the function.

If anyone knows what this option does, I'd appreciate the insight.

(This mod has been such a refresher for my second playthrough, and has quite cleanly implemented some Stellaris-esque mechanics to make things more interesting. Thank you for all of the work you've done on it Histidine.)

Define Reality

• Ensign
    • View Profile

kinda weird how even when im ally with a faction like Tritechyon i still have to deal  with their merc raid or im ally with sindrian diktat they send attacks to me, their own ally just because i build a fuel station because my sector keep loosing fuel to pirate raiders, what kind of an alliance is this?

That sounds like raids from the vanilla Crisis system that was added in the most recent game version. Crises attacks and events will occur regardless of relation standing, but there are actions you can take to negate Crises, or in some cases, resolve them permanently.

SpaceDrake

• Admiral
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile

Yeah, the colony crises are unrelated to standing. If anything, having high relations gives you a bit of leeway in dealing with problems in... assertive ways.
Pages: 1 ... 397 398 [399]