Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Okay, what's the deal with them remnant ships!  (Read 8352 times)

morriganj

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Okay, what's the deal with them remnant ships!
« on: November 21, 2019, 11:46:20 PM »

They are so friggen badass! I just encountered my first remnant invasion (with mods) and it was amazing, not gonna lie I almost died. I'm still new to the game. Is it possible to obtain remnant blueprints later on? Where should I look for more remnant goodies?

Is there any lore or story behind it that I should be looking for? I know that I am supposed to explore and find out more?

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Okay, what's the deal with them remnant ships!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2019, 11:57:57 PM »

Radiant is intentionally OP and you can't get it (without mods). The rest of them aren't too impressive though. Remnants normally don't invade in Nexelerin, guess this was added by some extra mod on top.

Remnants are good to farm for AI cores and Spark interceptors (best vanilla fighters).

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 12:00:09 AM »

If you haven't read the latest blog post yet, keep in mind they will be playable in the next release with a certain skill. And yea as TaLaR said only Radiant is worthwile.
Please don't take me too seriously.

Scorpixel

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2019, 03:08:35 AM »

Don't remember which mod adds the Solar Battlecarrier but that one may just be a little itty bitty oppy in the player's hands.
Just a guess huh, never tried it with the recoverable remnant mod i swear.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 05:30:23 AM by Scorpixel »

xucthclu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2019, 05:00:16 AM »

You don't even need the boardable unboardables mod for that, just console commands, check out ship lists and play around with em.
Don't remember which mod adds the Solar Battlecarrier but that one may just a little itty bitty oppy in the player's hands.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2019, 11:11:44 AM »

Remnants started out as AI-only boss factions, with blatantly overpowered ships, which was allowed by them being AI only. Then they were nerfed. Later on, we learned that Alex plans to make them playable. I don't know if the nerf was done because Remnants were too difficult to fight, or if it was because it was a preparation for making them playable (in some way), but I still wish they weren't nerfed. They are more like "just" strong high-tech ships now.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2019, 01:16:25 PM »

Radiant is intentionally OP and you can't get it (without mods). The rest of them aren't too impressive though. Remnants normally don't invade in Nexelerin, guess this was added by some extra mod on top.

Remnants are good to farm for AI cores and Spark interceptors (best vanilla fighters).
Remnants most definitely do invade in Nex, at least the most recent ones.

Tackywheat1

• Commander
  • Paragon is Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2019, 01:51:48 PM »

Don't remember which mod adds the Solar Battlecarrier but that one may just be a little itty bitty oppy in the player's hands.

Solar was added by SWP

NOVA from seeker is literally a 3 module bigger solar (aka far stronger)

Tackywheat1

• Commander
  • Paragon is Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2019, 01:52:37 PM »

WHAAT? Brilliants are very strong cruisers and the others are no joke either

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2019, 03:29:03 PM »

WHAAT? Brilliants are very strong cruisers and the others are no joke either

Strong, but not OP. Just about what you'd expect at their DP value.

Radiant on the other hand costs 40 DP and easily beats the 60 DP Paragon, unless said Paragon is optimized to counter a Radiant. And it can't be easily avoided like Paragon, since Radiant is also quite fast.

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2019, 04:02:03 PM »

Maybe it's because the remnant usually have AI core officers, but they do seem to generally be noticeably stronger than ships of the same class. I don't know what their DP costs are though.

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2019, 04:36:20 PM »

Maybe it's because the remnant usually have AI core officers, but they do seem to generally be noticeably stronger than ships of the same class. I don't know what their DP costs are though.

Just add them to some mission definition and experiment with simulator. As simple as adding single line to java file:
"api.addToFleet(FleetSide.PLAYER, "radiant_Standard", FleetMemberType.SHIP, "TTS radiant_Standard", false);"

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2019, 05:35:53 PM »

Yeah, that's a definate factor. AFAIK, their officers are always max level

morriganj

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2019, 03:10:51 AM »

I am guessing that Radiant is a ship you can acquire at some point?

morriganj

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2019, 03:24:11 AM »

So....you mean we can't ever acquire remnant without cheating with console commands or editing game files? Damn
Pages: [1] 2