Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Stations having ''variable'' numbers is intentional?  (Read 1176 times)

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Stations having ''variable'' numbers is intentional?
« on: November 17, 2019, 01:33:16 PM »

I noticed this waaaay back before but didn't pay any attention, and now I stumbled upon it again so I'm curious. Will there be any other station types we will be able to build? Or maybe plans to make each tech type even more different? Right now it says ''variable'' for every stat but each tech type has exactly the same cost, build time and so on. Sorry if it was asked before.
Please don't take me too seriously.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Stations having ''variable'' numbers is intentional?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019, 02:40:24 PM »

You know, that's really funny - just yesterday, I was looking at that UI and thinking that the numbers aren't actually variable.

The reason it's that way, though, is mostly for flexibility as far as mods adding other types of stations, or other types of structures that have the same kind of choice about which sub-type to build. It probably *could* also just put the number instead of "Variable" if the number is the same for all types - but then "Variable" also kind of helps to indicate this is a category and not a regular item, so it's not entirely useless there.

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Stations having ''variable'' numbers is intentional?
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2019, 01:31:15 AM »

Don't. I added my own station with different upgrades and costs, so the system works well as it is.