Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Help out a Pirate on a budget - Running Cumulative Monthly Expenses  (Read 1066 times)

Pwest

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Would love to see, potentially somewhere in colony management, a running total of the expenses I've accumulated in the current month (custom production, stockpile, etc).

It gets hard to remember what you've already pulled out of stockpiles in a given month, something like this would help a ton when you're trying to decide if you have the spare cash to do some colony upgrades. Hate it when I get surprised by that bill at the end of the month.

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Help out a Pirate on a budget - Running Cumulative Monthly Expenses
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019, 11:10:07 AM »

There's an income tab under command. You can see the total cost your fleet will incur for crew and officers, stockpiles drawn and I believe custom production shows up somewhere as well. It gives the net cost of all you income and expenses as well.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2019, 11:25:08 AM »

There's an income tab under command. You can see the total cost your fleet will incur for crew and officers, stockpiles drawn and I believe custom production shows up somewhere as well. It gives the net cost of all you income and expenses as well.
As far as I'm aware, that will only tell you what the past month's expenses were, not an ongoing counter of this month's. Which is fine in most cases, but for requisitioning stock, it can leave you with a nasty surprise.

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2019, 11:35:04 AM »

As far as I'm aware, that will only tell you what the past month's expenses were, not an ongoing counter of this month's. Which is fine in most cases, but for requisitioning stock, it can leave you with a nasty surprise.

Ah, I didn't realize that. It would definitely be nice to see a running total.