Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Resupply Interface  (Read 1073 times)

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
Resupply Interface
« on: November 15, 2019, 10:24:43 AM »

I'm thinking two buttons in the market interface; "Resupply" and a gear icon. The gear icon adjusts your fleet's "default" levels for supplies, fuel, and crew. Clicking "Resupply" will buy first from the Military then Open markets to raise the player fleet's stock to the defined levels. Perhaps it should "queue up" the order the same as normal market interaction.

I'm one of those weirdoes that when I have less than x supplies, I want to buy exactly enough supplies to have x. The best way I've found to do this currently is to queue up selling my stack then shift-dragging x supplies back to my cargo, then again for fuel and crew.
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

RogueVector

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Resupply Interface
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019, 05:24:54 PM »

This. I like this.

Storage > Open > Military > Black should be the priority order, imo.

But maybe it would be worth it to just ask that you only resupply from the current screen you're matching with?

And while we're at it, why not 'dump loot' as well, or at least if you hold down CTRL + LMB it will dump whatever your mouse passes over into the above trade screen. This is good for emptying out your hold after a lot of salvaging etc.

Goumindong

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2019, 09:02:27 PM »

There is a json setting that will let you alt(?) click and sell whatever you mouse over. Its disabled by default though

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2019, 09:15:26 PM »

Defaulting to military/open market would make it useless.

If I buy from pirates or any other faction I don't plan to build up relations with, I want to buy from black market first.

DatonKallandor

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2019, 04:50:46 AM »

Black Market/Pirate base trade is not the default. In those cases the player can just resupply manually.

iamlenb

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2019, 12:44:44 PM »

Put in another interface that sets priority for which market to buy from first and second.  Switchable whenever you're in the inventory, and an on/off toggle for autoresupply on landing.