Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Is there a way to add more fighter bays?  (Read 3176 times)

zakanater19

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Is there a way to add more fighter bays?
« on: November 14, 2019, 08:53:07 AM »

Can't figure out how to do it, i want to change either directly the hull (so say the astral will add +3 fighter bays) or a hullmod change like converted hangar bays adding three bays instead of one.

thanks in advance  ;D

edit1: Alright i figured it out you have to edit "stats.getNumFighterBays().modifyFlat(id, 1f);" to "stats.getNumFighterBays().modifyFlat(id, 5f);" in hullmods > convertedhangar. ill leave this up so people can google it and find the answer

edit2: max you can use is 8 :)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 10:07:08 AM by zakanater19 »

Sinigr

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a way to add more fighter bays?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2019, 09:22:05 AM »

Astral with 9 bays, it seems there will be not enought OP for wthis)
"officerMaxLevel":29,
"officerAIMax":36,
"maxOfficersInAIFleet":36
"tier1StationOfficerLevel":29,
"tier2StationOfficerLevel":29,
"tier3StationOfficerLevel":29,
Try to hunt it! ;)
https://i.imgur.com/gXIAgGy.png

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2019, 09:24:06 AM »

Don't respond, it's a repost bot, reposting a post in Modding.

Edit: My bad, no it's not.
It just covers the same ground as the thread in the correct place: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=17190.0

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2019, 05:19:21 PM »

I use 10 or even 12 fighter bays for some of my carriers. That can cut off the refit UI for some weapons if the ship is big enough, however, so that is a consideration that has to be made. Or did you mean the max you can add with a hullmod is 8 + whatever the base is from the csv file?

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2019, 07:52:53 PM »

If you want to make a ship with more than six bays, probably the smartest way to handle it is to make it a module ship. As a bonus, you can give the ship multiple fighter systems, too.

Whether that many bays on a single ships is balanced or fun is another question. But it might be!

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2019, 09:07:56 PM »

Thanks for the info! My fighters are much weaker than vanilla, so hopefully not too unbalanced but there have been many changes along the way to get to that point lol that's definitely true.  :P

I've considered modules, but I'm not 100% comfortable with their implementation yet considering it requires text file edits for any changes (to my knowledge) since the ship editor doesn't currently support them. Its the same reason I've slowly moved away from skin files because it makes the variants harder to edit in the long run compared to just adding another line the csv file.

zakanater19

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2019, 03:21:04 PM »

I use 10 or even 12 fighter bays for some of my carriers. That can cut off the refit UI for some weapons if the ship is big enough, however, so that is a consideration that has to be made. Or did you mean the max you can add with a hullmod is 8 + whatever the base is from the csv file?

i tried to make it 9 and it only showed 8 on the hud, so i just assumed 8 was the max