Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2 similar problems with weapon loadouts. [SOLVED]  (Read 827 times)

connortron7

• Captain
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile
2 similar problems with weapon loadouts. [SOLVED]
« on: November 12, 2019, 01:06:06 PM »

firstly is this, i go to the autofit screen, click on the loadout i have saved and it shows me the loadout without the 2 weapons upfront, i have 12 of them in my inventory and 2 are literally on the ship at the time yet when i hit autofit it doesnt put them on and instead adds extra caps and vents. what am i doing wrong?

secondly and similarly for another ship it seems that the autofit shows the same problem but this time its adding harpoons insead of just nothing like last time, these are like my 29th and 30th ships added and yet ive never had this problem, similarly these are both my first phase ships if that has anything to do with it?

« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 08:34:39 AM by connortron7 »

Sinosauropteryx

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 2 similar problems with weapon loadouts.
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2019, 03:47:26 PM »

The second one is just a thing that seems to happen to sabots specifically, I think it has to do with their tags or their rarity.

The first one might be related to miscounting the amount of OP in your variant. I know I've seen that problem in my own mod, but I forget what fixed it.

connortron7

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 04:49:26 AM »

The second one is just a thing that seems to happen to sabots specifically, I think it has to do with their tags or their rarity.

The first one might be related to miscounting the amount of OP in your variant. I know I've seen that problem in my own mod, but I forget what fixed it.

Really? Doesn't seem to happen to any other ship i have.

And the op is exact on it, the only odd thing on it is the missing weapon is a modded one i made but ive never had this problem with other custom weapons.
This is annoying :/

Sinosauropteryx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2019, 06:23:28 AM »

Curious. Do you have tags on your custom weapon, like he1, kinetic2, etc?

I'll tinker a bit with the other problem and see if I can find more info.

Edit: Frickin EUREKA on the second problem. It might be because your weapon slots are at a 90 degree angle. I have no idea why it's the case, but with a bit of testing I was able to recreate it on a ship that otherwise didn't have the problem by rotating its slots.

And after some testing, the magic number seems to be 48 degrees: any slot 48 degrees or higher (or -48 or lower), told to equip sabots, has the autofit problem. 47.5 degrees does not have the problem. (At least to a point - the Aurora's rear facing medium synergy slot at -140 degrees doesn't have that problem for example. Maybe there is a "problem zone" between 48 and 132 degrees? Haven't tested.)

Rightmost hardpoint angle is 47.5 degrees in the first pic, 48 degrees in the second.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 07:26:47 AM by Sinosauropteryx »

connortron7

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2019, 08:34:17 AM »

Curious. Do you have tags on your custom weapon, like he1, kinetic2, etc?

I'll tinker a bit with the other problem and see if I can find more info.

Edit: Frickin EUREKA on the second problem. It might be because your weapon slots are at a 90 degree angle. I have no idea why it's the case, but with a bit of testing I was able to recreate it on a ship that otherwise didn't have the problem by rotating its slots.

And after some testing, the magic number seems to be 48 degrees: any slot 48 degrees or higher (or -48 or lower), told to equip sabots, has the autofit problem. 47.5 degrees does not have the problem. (At least to a point - the Aurora's rear facing medium synergy slot at -140 degrees doesn't have that problem for example. Maybe there is a "problem zone" between 48 and 132 degrees? Haven't tested.)

Rightmost hardpoint angle is 47.5 degrees in the first pic, 48 degrees in the second.

nope! Didn't have a bloody tag on it. And huh what do ya know thats pretty weird! Everythings workibg fine now! ;D Thanks a ton for going through the trouble to help on that! Appreciated.