Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: [0.97a] Better Colonies 1.88  (Read 440073 times)

SparraNova

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Better Colonies 1.2
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2019, 11:34:46 PM »

Would it be possible to extend the Colony Management UI to allow for more industries and structures to be displayed?

I use several mods that add new structures and industries (most notably one of the Teraforming mods) which means I tend to fill up all of the UI slots that industries and structures can occupy pretty quickly with big lategame colonies, and while I'm still testing whether or not things that get visually pushed off the screen can still be built, but it would be nice to be able to actually access things that get pushed off the screen even if they can still be built.

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2019, 11:09:02 AM »

That UI change is on Alex's part. Modders have found changing the UI to be rather difficult to do.

ASSIMKO

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2019, 02:47:58 AM »

I was looking forward to such a mod. Thanks for the mod.

XCTrailBlazer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2019, 06:50:24 AM »

I hope you continue supporting Commissioned Crews and this mod, this two mod are fundamental for my next playthroughs. Great job and thanks for the mods.

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Better Colonies 1.3
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2019, 04:04:38 PM »

Changelog 1.3:

• Stations now have reworked Officer Levels (randomized).
  • Orbital Stations may not even have an officer OR a max officer level of 8.
  • Battle Stations may now have an officer ranging from level 8 to 17.
  • Star Fortress may now have an officer ranging from 17 to 26.
  • Alpha Core guarantees that their level will be 29 and have guaranteed Gunnery Implants.
  • Tech-Mining no longer decays by an exponential constant, there'll be some randomness in decay. Sometime, the tech-mining may be so successful that they may realize there were more ruins than initially calculated!
  • I've also softcoded the Administrator's spawn rate to the setting.json, so you can now decide if you want LEL BEST ADMINS, you can change that in setting.json.
  • There was a faulty download when uploading initially. Please redownload if you encounter a CTD!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 06:52:31 PM by Techpriest »

truecore

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2019, 03:25:41 AM »

Bug report for you:
Stations are no longer upgrading. Certain stations are missing pieces: High Tech orbital station is missing the ablative armor module that goes in the gap between the shields. When replacing a station of one tech level with another station, that does not work. In cases where pirates/luddites build stations, they only ever have one module functioning. In cases where stations are destroyed, they remain destroyed.

I'm running it with: Console Commands 3.0, Nexerelin 0.9.5h, Graphics Lib, Magic Lib, Lazy Lib, Hyperdrive 1.1.0, and Second Wave Options 0.4.1 and it's replicable on my end. I can get screenshots showing where the sprite does not match the map graphic (map graphic is a true representation of the station as it appears in battles, I've spawned fleets to test how the stations appear in combat)

All in all, it's making me very sad because I love the mod. But it's incredibly challenging to face late game fleets with nothing but Orbital Stations defending everything.

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2019, 07:13:35 AM »

Bug report for you:
Stations are no longer upgrading. Certain stations are missing pieces: High Tech orbital station is missing the ablative armor module that goes in the gap between the shields. When replacing a station of one tech level with another station, that does not work. In cases where pirates/luddites build stations, they only ever have one module functioning. In cases where stations are destroyed, they remain destroyed.

I'm running it with: Console Commands 3.0, Nexerelin 0.9.5h, Graphics Lib, Magic Lib, Lazy Lib, Hyperdrive 1.1.0, and Second Wave Options 0.4.1 and it's replicable on my end. I can get screenshots showing where the sprite does not match the map graphic (map graphic is a true representation of the station as it appears in battles, I've spawned fleets to test how the stations appear in combat)

All in all, it's making me very sad because I love the mod. But it's incredibly challenging to face late game fleets with nothing but Orbital Stations defending everything.
Can you replicate without any of the mods aside from Console Command, LazyLib, and Better Colonies?

truecore

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2019, 11:31:36 PM »

Bug report for you:

Can you replicate without any of the mods aside from Console Command, LazyLib, and Better Colonies?
Unfortunately, yes. I'm not able to take screenshots in the game, windowed or not, to show you however. But I see clearly that the High Tech Station replaced with Mid Tech is still showing as a High Tech on the map as well as in battles.

Valikdu

• Lieutenant
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2020, 01:54:56 PM »

I ran into the problem of only 12 structures being possible to build on a planet. Is there any way to build more?
My Dwarf Fortress Mod: DESOLATION 1.5
My Channel: V. S. Cosplay

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2020, 12:03:11 PM »

I'm getting this crash on loading a save. I saw the notice about the faulty download, but redownloading didn't help. Have I missed something?

Code
84948 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.OrbitalStationGD.matchStationAndCommanderToCurrentIndustry(OrbitalStationGD.java:426)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.OrbitalStationGD.notifyDisrupted(OrbitalStationGD.java:602)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.BaseIndustry.setDisrupted(BaseIndustry.java:1587)
at data.scripts.GDModPlugin.onEnabled(GDModPlugin.java:150)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ModAndPluginData.notifyRunningWithMod(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.dismiss(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.K.dismiss(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.LoadGameDialog.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

EDIT 1.4 is crashing as well. Can this not be added to an existing save?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 11:54:12 AM by HeartofDiscord »

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Better Colonies 1.4
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2020, 07:22:24 PM »

Changelog 1.4:

• Fixed graphics and gameplay bug with upgrading Orbital Stations.
  • Fixed some save-game issues involving Orbital Stations.
  • Officers' max levels are restricted by their market's pop size+1. So you won't find a level 7 officer at a planet pop sized 5.
  • Not entirely sure if it's save-game compatible. Update at your own peril.

PreConceptor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2020, 03:42:03 PM »

Still crashes the game on save-load for me. Crashes so hard it restarts my system, no logs. Have about 70 mods running fine without it, no idea if it's because of a mod interaction, memory/whatever overload, issue with the mod or a combination of the three.

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2020, 05:15:27 PM »

Still crashes the game on save-load for me.
Okay
Crashes so hard it restarts my system, no logs.
:P
Have about 70 mods running fine without it, no idea if it's because of a mod interaction, memory/whatever overload, issue with the mod or a combination of the three.
I'm sure within those 70 mods, there's a conflict with Better Colonies I just have not found yet if there is one.

Donahue

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2020, 03:46:27 AM »

I don't see the cryorevival or cryosanctum building within the buildable list.  I added this mod to an in-progress game.  Do I need to establish a new colony for these buildings to show up?

Also I added "maxIndustries":[1,1,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8], to the settings.json of the mod but do not see that my size 6 colony get 4 slots of industries.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 05:12:49 AM by Donahue »

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2020, 06:05:15 AM »

I don't see the cryorevival or cryosanctum building within the buildable list.  I added this mod to an in-progress game.  Do I need to establish a new colony for these buildings to show up?
The changes are only to the buildings itself. The changes are meant for Nexerelin where you can invade markets with these type of industries. Cryorevival requires you to find a Domain-era sleeper ship location while cryosanctums are hardcoded to a few markets.

Also I added "maxIndustries":[1,1,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8], to the settings.json of the mod but do not see that my size 6 colony get 4 slots of industries.
You're supposed to modify maxIndustries in your starsector-core/setting.json not my mod to see the change.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15