Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Star Control II: The Ur-Quan Masters (0.7)  (Read 129972 times)

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
Re: Star Control II: The Ur-Quan Masters (0.7)
« Reply #75 on: July 05, 2012, 04:37:39 PM »

Absolutely, but I have like 5 separate Starfarer-related projects going, and I haven't had much time for any of them recently  :-\

But, I haven't abandoned it by any means, this one is still my favourite to work on  8)

Got any requests for specific ships?

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #76 on: August 14, 2012, 09:47:36 PM »

Because of all the interesting changes to Starfarer, especially the modding-related ones, many ships that weren't possible or practical before have suddenly become so. Here are my future plans in response to this:
  • Slylandro Probe: the EMP system type will now provide the intended effect here; deceleration: 0.0 should handle the rest
  • Chmmr Avatar: 3x Drones for the ZapSats; still no tractor beam though
  • Arilou Laylee'lay Skiff: This ship will now be 100% possible; inertialess drive was already, now it will get Teleportation
  • Chenjesu Broodhome: DOGI can be implemented as a special Drone, w/ factory (one-at-time limit)
  • Ilwrath Avenger: Phasing (as opposed to Cloaking) should still be super-cool!
  • Mmrnmhrm X-Form (X-Wing): "convergeOnPoint" beam weapon spec (cleanliness)
  • Orz Nemesis: Space Marines can be partially implemented as Drones (no damage-over-time)
  • Ur-Quan Kzer-Za Dreadnought: Fighters can be implemented as Drones, no factory (limited supply)

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 18, 2012, 04:28:32 AM »

I'll be working on a mod based on star control 2, but i'll be using HD models from the Project 6014, that weren't converted into star farer looks.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 09:35:23 AM by silentstormpt »

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 18, 2012, 07:15:53 AM »

I've been messing around with Trylobot's build and managed to get a pretty decent engines that look like the old game one, still changing it to get as close as possible. Only using your work and slowly changing it into models from Star Control.

Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 09:37:58 AM by silentstormpt »

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #79 on: August 18, 2012, 09:08:04 AM »

@silentstormpt: Please halt. I'm not really looking for a collaborator on this project. The engines are supposed to look like Starfarer, not like SCII. The spirit of the mod is such that the ships are viewed from the lens of the Starfarer universe; there's just as much SF in these ships as SC.

If you wish to create your own Star Control related mod, I would ask that you start another thread, and use your own art assets.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 18, 2012, 09:19:48 AM »

@silentstormpt: Please halt. I'm not really looking for a collaborator on this project. The engines are supposed to look like Starfarer, not like SCII. The spirit of the mod is such that the ships are viewed from the lens of the Starfarer universe; there's just as much SF in these ships as SC.

If you wish to create your own Star Control related mod, I would ask that you start another thread, and use your own art assets.

I've loosely started to work on my own "Star Control" related mod. It doesn't share the lore, but it does roughly share the style and gameplay.

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 18, 2012, 09:31:56 AM »

Ha ok, sorry about that, i only noticed this reply now, ok ill convert all the ships into the normal Star Control 2 ships,

Do you mind if i use the materials of your mod and remake a few of them? Since they are (most of them) doing what they were suppose to anyway.

I do intent to share all the materials i manage to get my hands on with both of you to speed up progress

I got no idea how the hull will be based on now that i think about it, i know you converted based on some algorithm  ???, but need to find another way and also not be exactly the same stats as your mod...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 09:40:33 AM by silentstormpt »

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #82 on: August 18, 2012, 09:54:26 AM »

@silentstormpt: I'm fine with you using the hull data and stats from the mod, if it helps you.

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #83 on: February 03, 2013, 02:48:41 PM »

Haven't worked on this in a while but suddenly got the urge to do some kitbashing. I'm working on an Ilwrath Avenger sprite.

Update: Yay! finished the Ilwrath Avenger sprite. Original post updated.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 03:38:19 PM by Trylobot »

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 03, 2013, 04:43:15 PM »

Looks really good, but kinda too big in terms of size when compared with the rest, oh well its good looking so thats whats matter

Ronald Klein

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 04, 2013, 07:20:38 AM »

Sweet mother of God that looks good! Keep up the good work!

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #86 on: February 04, 2013, 11:02:31 PM »

Original post updated with the new Arilou Skiff sprite.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 03:38:40 PM by Trylobot »

Yupost

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 05, 2013, 07:09:11 AM »

I love this <3
B....B....

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #88 on: February 05, 2013, 07:19:05 PM »

Updated original post with the Shofixti Scout. I've been on a roll with the sprites lately, and I think I'll continue in this vein for a while. Doing these is incredible fun. And cutting up David's art assets somehow always comes out looking good to my eye. It just can't seem to go wrong, no matter what random ships I choose to cut from.

I don't know when I'll be doing the ship data for these latest ones, but I won't leave it unfinished, so no worries.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 05, 2013, 07:30:28 PM »

Those are some good-looking ships - wow.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8