Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1071000 times)

SyntacticMelon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v5.4.6)
« Reply #960 on: December 08, 2020, 09:25:45 PM »

Hi, I really enjoy your mod and all the content it offers. I've also been using it along Unknown Skies which adds a few planetary conditions that can't be removed, I went searched through the files to try and modify your mod but I can't edit the java class files directly. So would you be willing to add support for Unknown Skies planetary conditions?

The conditions in question are:
US_mind "Parasitic Spores"
US_shrooms "Magic Shrooms"
US_virus "Military Virus"

I think the file in question is TerraformingControlPanelDialog.class and

if (!targetPlanet.getMarket().hasCondition("Parasitic Spores"))
this.dialog.getOptionPanel().setEnabled(OptionId.CONDITIONS_US_mind, false);

if (!targetPlanet.getMarket().hasCondition("Psychoactive Fungus"))
this.dialog.getOptionPanel().setEnabled(OptionId.CONDITIONS_US_shrooms, false);

if (!targetPlanet.getMarket().hasCondition("Military Virus"))
this.dialog.getOptionPanel().setEnabled(OptionId.CONDITIONS_US_virus, false);

under cleaning pollution might work but I have no way to test it.

TiberQ

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: December 09, 2020, 04:01:30 AM »

I'm glad you've been enjoying my mod!

You can't disable mods once content from the mod is in your save file. This will cause crashes and bugs with almost every mod, not just mine.

I'm not sure what you mean about the astropolis "show info" issue. Can you post or PM me a screenshot where the problem is visible?

Using the default settings on my mod, you cannot terraform gas giants. Therefore the siphon station assumes that once constructed in orbit around a gas giant, it will always be a gas giant. The amount of development time required to have siphon stations check for terraforming of the gas giant and deconstruct themselves would probably be too much to justify changing this.

It was on a new game, i mean, i manually dit your settings file to ''combine your mod and Kentingtons'' before i started a new game. It should not have been able to spawn the option Asteroid breaker at all in the new game. PS i also found about an hour after my last post this is also true for your stucture Slingshot for water transportation. That also should not have spawned in my new game.

Thought as much for checksum for siphons. I most definatley dont want to settle you up for alot of work, for some minor details like these. Making an mod should be fun for the creator. Altho i would definitely have done it myself if i knew how ;-)  ak; Maybe an toggle separate from Astropolis in settings file instead? it would be kindly appreciated. And if u do make Astropolis separate toggle from siphon, maybe ad Abandon station construction in as well as an separate one.

As for the long running issue whit your astropolis stations, these pictures should clear it up:

Normal:

Spoiler
[close]

Stack issue:

Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 04:08:10 AM by TiberQ »

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: December 09, 2020, 05:58:57 AM »

Hi, I really enjoy your mod and all the content it offers. I've also been using it along Unknown Skies which adds a few planetary conditions that can't be removed, I went searched through the files to try and modify your mod but I can't edit the java class files directly. So would you be willing to add support for Unknown Skies planetary conditions?

The conditions in question are:
US_mind "Parasitic Spores"
US_virus "Military Virus"

I think the file in question is TerraformingControlPanelDialog.class and

if (!targetPlanet.getMarket().hasCondition("Parasitic Spores"))
this.dialog.getOptionPanel().setEnabled(OptionId.CONDITIONS_US_mind, false);

if (!targetPlanet.getMarket().hasCondition("Psychoactive Fungus"))
this.dialog.getOptionPanel().setEnabled(OptionId.CONDITIONS_US_shrooms, false);

if (!targetPlanet.getMarket().hasCondition("Military Virus"))
this.dialog.getOptionPanel().setEnabled(OptionId.CONDITIONS_US_virus, false);

under cleaning pollution might work but I have no way to test it.

It won't be quite that simple to implement unfortunately, but I'll add an option to remove some of the negative US conditions for the next update.

I'm glad you've been enjoying my mod!

You can't disable mods once content from the mod is in your save file. This will cause crashes and bugs with almost every mod, not just mine.

I'm not sure what you mean about the astropolis "show info" issue. Can you post or PM me a screenshot where the problem is visible?

Using the default settings on my mod, you cannot terraform gas giants. Therefore the siphon station assumes that once constructed in orbit around a gas giant, it will always be a gas giant. The amount of development time required to have siphon stations check for terraforming of the gas giant and deconstruct themselves would probably be too much to justify changing this.

It was on a new game, i mean, i manually dit your settings file to ''combine your mod and Kentingtons'' before i started a new game. It should not have been able to spawn the option Asteroid breaker at all in the new game. PS i also found about an hour after my last post this is also true for your stucture Slingshot for water transportation. That also should not have spawned in my new game.

Thought as much for checksum for siphons. I most definatley dont want to settle you up for alot of work, for some minor details like these. Making an mod should be fun for the creator. Altho i would definitely have done it myself if i knew how ;-)  ak; Maybe an toggle separate from Astropolis in settings file instead? it would be kindly appreciated. And if u do make Astropolis separate toggle from siphon, maybe ad Abandon station construction in as well as an separate one.

As for the long running issue whit your astropolis stations, these pictures should clear it up:

Normal:

Spoiler
[close]

Stack issue:

Spoiler
[close]

My apologies about the Asteroid Breaking/Ismara's Sling bug. I just checked my code and I realize why this is happening. I'll fix it for the next update.

There's a settings toggle for astropoli but not siphon stations, mining stations, or recolonization. I'll add these toggles in the next update as well.

Thanks for brining that astropolis visual bug to my attention. Is it possible for a planet to spawn with more than four moons? If not, I suspect the "four moons" limit is hardcoded and I won't be able to increase it without overwriting vanilla files (which I won't do). I could add a setting to disable astropolis construction when the four slots are already taken up, as you suggested, which is probably the best solution.

TiberQ

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: December 09, 2020, 09:41:20 AM »

I've also been using it along Unknown Skies which adds a few planetary conditions that can't be removed.

Oh Man...
I scour the entire sector to find and harvest these...
vive le resistance! ;-p

My apologies about the Asteroid Breaking/Ismara's Sling bug. I just checked my code and I realize why this is happening. I'll fix it for the next update.

There's a settings toggle for astropoli but not siphon stations, mining stations, or recolonization. I'll add these toggles in the next update as well.

Thanks & Thanks !

Thanks for brining that astropolis visual bug to my attention. Is it possible for a planet to spawn with more than four moons? If not, I suspect the "four moons" limit is hardcoded and I won't be able to increase it without overwriting vanilla files (which I won't do). I could add a setting to disable astropolis construction when the four slots are already taken up, as you suggested, which is probably the best solution.

Aye the 4 spots for moon spawns look hardcoded, not enough experience to know for sure.
On the other hand, Vanilla station spawn next to a planet gives it's own spot in the list (1st picture right to 1st gas). So maybe Astropolis stations can get one as well? Because i do like those stations very much, especially in low planet systems, where i dont wanna run off to, to defend every time something gets thrown at it.

But as i said before, i'm not here to put alot of work in your hands, i recon the use max 4 slots who are already there is the least amount of work.

Anyway, very good mod so far, keep it up !

SyntacticMelon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: December 09, 2020, 09:09:12 PM »

That is all I ask, thank you!

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: December 10, 2020, 04:44:57 PM »

Is it possible for a planet to spawn with more than four moons?
Not in vanilla.
The Lights Out mod can though. And you frequently see that exact same text salad when 2 bodies overlap each other.

FatalStrings

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: December 10, 2020, 09:22:30 PM »

Is there a way to remove "Cramped quarters" feature to non player stations?
I was messing with the settings and decided to turn on all the features out of curiosity including the option that applies cramped quarters to AI stations.
but since I'm a *** chimp I forgot to do a back up save. I've turned off the option in the settings file but the penalty is still there.
Halp

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: December 11, 2020, 04:57:22 AM »

I was messing with the settings and decided to turn on all the features out of curiosity including the option that applies cramped quarters to AI stations.
but since I'm a *** chimp I forgot to do a back up save. I've turned off the option in the settings file but the penalty is still there.
Halp

This might be possible using console commands, but it's untested. Try the below and let me know if it works. Make a backup save first though!

Code
Iterator allSystems = Global.getSector().getStarSystems().iterator();
            while(allSystems.hasNext())
            {
                StarSystemAPI system = (StarSystemAPI) allSystems.next();
                Iterator allMarketsInSystem = Global.getSector().getEconomy().getMarkets(system).iterator();
                while(allMarketsInSystem.hasNext())
                {
                    MarketAPI market = (MarketAPI) allMarketsInSystem.next();
                    SectorEntityToken primaryEntity = market.getPrimaryEntity();
                    if(primaryEntity != null && primaryEntity.hasTag("station"))
                    {
                        if(market.hasCondition("cramped_quarters"))
                        {
                            market.removeCondition("cramped_quarters");
                        }
                    }
                }
            }

Not in vanilla.
The Lights Out mod can though. And you frequently see that exact same text salad when 2 bodies overlap each other.

As I suspected. Thanks for your help!

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: December 11, 2020, 10:07:24 AM »

I think you can type "removecondition boggled_cramped" or something like that when you visiting your station. I will check it later.
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

FatalStrings

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: December 11, 2020, 06:45:36 PM »

Halp

This might be possible using console commands, but it's untested. Try the below and let me know if it works. Make a backup save first though!

Code
Iterator allSystems = Global.getSector().getStarSystems().iterator();
            while(allSystems.hasNext())
            {
                StarSystemAPI system = (StarSystemAPI) allSystems.next();
                Iterator allMarketsInSystem = Global.getSector().getEconomy().getMarkets(system).iterator();
                while(allMarketsInSystem.hasNext())
                {
                    MarketAPI market = (MarketAPI) allMarketsInSystem.next();
                    SectorEntityToken primaryEntity = market.getPrimaryEntity();
                    if(primaryEntity != null && primaryEntity.hasTag("station"))
                    {
                        if(market.hasCondition("cramped_quarters"))
                        {
                            market.removeCondition("cramped_quarters");
                        }
                    }
                }
            }

Not in vanilla.

As I suspected. Thanks for your help!

I think you can type "removecondition boggled_cramped" or something like that when you visiting your station. I will check it later.

I tried pasting the code in console commands but it didnt work (IDK how to run scripts LOL). But "removecondition cramped_quarters" command seems to work. thanks for the help.

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: December 11, 2020, 09:19:37 PM »

Yeah that one, btw if you want to add or remove, use this command "list conditions" to check every conditions available in the game.
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

Seleukus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: December 27, 2020, 05:36:28 PM »

Hi, how can I terraform gas giants? I've checked the settings.json but couldn't find any line about gas giants.
Thanks in advance.

n3xuiz

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: December 28, 2020, 12:55:37 AM »

hey boggled i very much enjoy your mod! i've been using it for a while now and the only thing i'd like to see added is the ability to construct a orbital ring such as the TSC mod provides. can you maybe include this in your mod? idk if its even possible but if so that would be awesome.

at any rate thx for making an awesome mod  :D

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: December 28, 2020, 05:43:34 AM »

Hi, how can I terraform gas giants? I've checked the settings.json but couldn't find any line about gas giants.
Thanks in advance.

Check again - there's an option near the start of the settings file to allow gas giant terraforming.

hey boggled i very much enjoy your mod! i've been using it for a while now and the only thing i'd like to see added is the ability to construct a orbital ring such as the TSC mod provides. can you maybe include this in your mod? idk if its even possible but if so that would be awesome.

at any rate thx for making an awesome mod  :D

I'm glad you're enjoying the mod! I've considered implementing orbital rings in the past but there are technical limitations which prevent this. I know at least one other mod features an orbital ring, but adding an orbital ring to a planet that already exists (versus spawning a planet with one from the start) is the problem.

Flacman3000

• Commander
  • A man cannot put his shaft into the unknown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: December 28, 2020, 09:30:43 AM »

Can anyone tell me why planets with a mild climate condition always have hot climate conditions making it a useless and unimmersive condition?
Ryzen 7 2700x, 1080ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM and playing SS on a SSD - Always stay ahead because when you're ahead you're rear anatomy is open to interpretation.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 219