Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1070225 times)

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v5.4.6)
« Reply #930 on: November 06, 2020, 10:39:45 AM »

What is an arcology world?

This is covered in the mod guide in the first post of this thread.

Malleator

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: November 09, 2020, 11:19:07 AM »

I miss the euteck.

wanderer3421

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: November 10, 2020, 11:40:26 PM »

Found a bug when you build a astropolis in a gas giant with an outpost the astropolis will spawn in the nearest star.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: November 11, 2020, 04:53:17 AM »

Found a bug when you build a astropolis in a gas giant with an outpost the astropolis will spawn in the nearest star.

That's pretty bizarre. What type of outpost is it? A Nexerelin one? Can you post a picture of the situation? Sorry about the bug!

okj

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: November 12, 2020, 10:07:10 AM »

I'm not getting the penelope quest, have been flying around the system for a while and yet no quest pop up and no hail from Odysseus. I have gate awakened installed, would that get in the way? I got the lobster quest and finish it just fine, but this one is just now showing up for some reason. If there is no way to fix it, are there a command to trigger this quest manually?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: November 12, 2020, 10:10:09 AM »

I'm not getting the penelope quest, have been flying around the system for a while and yet no quest pop up and no hail from Odysseus. I have gate awakened installed, would that get in the way? I got the lobster quest and finish it just fine, but this one is just now showing up for some reason. If there is no way to fix it, are there a command to trigger this quest manually?

You have to be level 45 or higher and travel a large distance from the core worlds. You can use the settings file to lower the level requirement if you want.

okj

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: November 12, 2020, 08:04:13 PM »

You have to be level 45 or higher and travel a large distance from the core worlds. You can use the settings file to lower the level requirement if you want.
Oh so i need to already travel far away and come back at least once?

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: November 13, 2020, 06:07:29 AM »

I miss the euteck.
I miss being able to change the temperature of planets without changing the type.

wanderer3421

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: November 13, 2020, 07:03:14 AM »

That's pretty bizarre. What type of outpost is it? A Nexerelin one? Can you post a picture of the situation? Sorry about the bug!

Yeah the Nexerelin one. Cannot atm due to being out of town.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: November 13, 2020, 09:36:56 AM »

I miss the euteck.
I miss being able to change the temperature of planets without changing the type.

I'm thinking about bringing back the EUTECK and allowing temperature changes for the next update. I'm waiting for the new version of starsector to be released before doing further development.

Yeah the Nexerelin one. Cannot atm due to being out of town.

I'll take a look at this and try to fix this in the next update. Thanks for letting me know!

battleturkies

• Ensign
  • ceiling opossum
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: November 21, 2020, 09:46:41 PM »

Love the content, this mod is dope :)

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: November 22, 2020, 07:06:51 AM »

Love the content, this mod is dope :)

Thank you! I'm glad you're enjoying the mod!

UserNameViolation

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: November 25, 2020, 11:28:19 AM »

Mod is great, thank you! Just a couple of questions though,
How can you remove hot condition on volcanic planets? I tried to build stellar shades, but of no use sadly.
Also this domain technology mining thing, there is a second option in settings.json called  ("boggledReplaceAgreusTechMiningWithDomainArchaeology":true,) what exactly it does? Is it suppose to replace tech mining for blueprints and weapons? and if so will you get any blueprints besides domain artifacts item?
Thank you in advance!

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: November 25, 2020, 12:18:28 PM »

How can you remove hot condition on volcanic planets? I tried to build stellar shades, but of no use sadly.
Also this domain technology mining thing, there is a second option in settings.json called  ("boggledReplaceAgreusTechMiningWithDomainArchaeology":true,) what exactly it does? Is it suppose to replace tech mining for blueprints and weapons? and if so will you get any blueprints besides domain artifacts item?
Thank you in advance!

You have to use the terraforming control panel to modify planetary conditions. Right now there's no option to remove only the hot condition from a planet - you have to change it to a different planet type. I intend to add the ability to change only the temperature in the future, but I doubt I'll allow players to remove the hot conditions from volcanic planets!

That setting will replace the tech mining industry on Agreus with my Domain Archaeology industry. This will result in Agreus exporting domain artifacts, allowing the player to obtain them without having to build a Domain Archaeology industry themselves.

UserNameViolation

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: November 25, 2020, 12:33:14 PM »

Thank you in advance!

You have to use the terraforming control panel to modify planetary conditions. Right now there's no option to remove only the hot condition from a planet - you have to change it to a different planet type. I intend to add the ability to change only the temperature in the future, but I doubt I'll allow players to remove the hot conditions from volcanic planets!

That setting will replace the tech mining industry on Agreus with my Domain Archaeology industry. This will result in Agreus exporting domain artifacts, allowing the player to obtain them without having to build a Domain Archaeology industry themselves.

Oh, silly me! i thought it was hot because of close proximity to sun not cause of the volcanic nature, so that was my logic ;D Thanx for elaborating on that one!

Is there a chance you could maybe in future combine tech mining with domain archaeology so that it wont have to take 2 industry slots to have both? what i gather from the description they are pretty much the same thing, so it would be only natural for one industry to produce both, blueprints\items and Domain-era Artifacts that you have created.

And am I right assuming that Arcology type worlds are introduced by your mod not Unknown skies?

Thank you for such a quick answer!
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 219